Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

55 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Bent says we should sign Dwight Gayle. I agree with him, now we have #BentekeMk2 Gayle would be a very useful back-up.

Please no he has one of those faces I just want to punch.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Instead of worrying about players needing to learn how to play Smith’s system (like it’s some complex, mystical system that’s unbeknown to the rest of the footballing world), how about take comfort in the idea we’re looking to buy players who will instantly fit easily and comfortably into the system because, you know, that’s why we’re trying to buy them. 

It’s not just about learning a system it’s about having players that knows each other’s game and feel settled. This can sometimes take time.

Even more so if the players aren’t used to the league.

However as you say hopefully we are in for signings that will be able to hit the ground running.

13 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Instead of worrying about players needing to learn how to play Smith’s system (like it’s some complex, mystical system that’s unbeknown to the rest of the footballing world), how about take comfort in the idea we’re looking to buy players who will instantly fit easily and comfortably into the system because, you know, that’s why we’re trying to buy them. 

Trying to talk logic on the interweb

alexander armstrong hwd GIF by Harborne Web Design Ltd

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Bent says we should sign Dwight Gayle. I agree with him, now we have #BentekeMk2 Gayle would be a very useful back-up.

Decent player and I sort of agree...

...however, he's a word removed (as is Maupay) and, for that reason, I don't want him (or Maupay).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ramshackler said:

I'm concerned that despite all the talk of mega spending spree, we are actually on a very tight budget.

Wesley aside (we all knew money needed spent on a striker) our other signings have all been bargain basement under £5 mill.

Despite all the links to Butland, Benrahma, maupay, Webster, Ming's, it doesn't look like any big bid has been tabled.

It's as if media have decided we are going to blow £150 mill + and everyone trying to fleece us.

Getting a bit worried.

Of course it could be we just need one deal agreed to align our budget target and the rest will follow but it's a risky game leaving it late and won't help with gelling a very new team

Yes we have spent our entire remaining budget on Wesley. We are doomed I tell you. Doomed! 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

You <-

The point <-

:lol:

We're keeping back the announcement on a few signings to coincide with the release of the new shirts. Targett was low-key in the grand scheme of things so got a lovely training top to wear. ITKDYK? 

I'd take Gayle. £8m - £10m for a goalscorer is good business nowadays.

We are going to need every point we can get, someone like him who could maybe come on and grab half a dozen+ goals and turn 1pt into 3pt on occasions would be brilliant.

I think he could be that man. I don't see us signing someone who is going to come in and hit 20.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Good luck in staying away from this thread then...its like crack!

Do you mean.... It teases you, drawers you in, gets you all excited then bam, you realise it's Wednesday and f**k all is happening? 

Or, the other kind of crack? 

8 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

We're keeping back the announcement on a few signings to coincide with the release of the new shirts. Targett was low-key in the grand scheme of things so got a lovely training top to wear. ITKDYK? 

That would be daft considering we have started training already

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

so you're suggesting we should not be worried? being worried is our sustenance. if not this, then we need something else.

The idea of signing Gayle is absolutely ludicrous. Far too old for starters.

To my knowledge she's never kicked a ball in her life and she seems every reluctant to ever leave that street in Manchester. Avoid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1