Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Webster also has the opposite attitude to Baker when it comes to playing through an injury.

There was an away game this season where Webster had to leave the pitch and have stitches put in, then shortly after coming back on the wound reopened.

The referee forced Webster to be subbed and he had to be pretty much dragged off the pitch.

Just now, useless said:

£8m for Tuanzebe would be a superb bargain, surely they won't let him go that cheaply.

there will be various add ons/sell on clauses i'd imagine

• Like 1

Just now, blunther said:

"set to launch bid" - so-called journalists these days really are stealing a living. 

That means we have "mulled over", done the "circling", "prepared the bid" and are now going to "launch the bid" and "swoop".

• Like 2

1 minute ago, blunther said:

"set to launch bid" - so-called journalists these days really are stealing a living. 

No no honestly I was down at VP this morning and there was Purslow and Sawiris on the starting blocks waiting for the starters gun. There was a journalist taking notes-honestly!!

28 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I remember Fulham Fans going mental after they gazumped us for Bryan, he was close to their last signing and they were suggesting they would finish around 6th. What a shock to being first relegated.

I remember feeling pretty confident when we pulled off the Gueye, Amavi, Traore, Veretout, Ayew, Gestede, Crespo, Lescott, Ilori summer window in 2015. Look how that ended....

To be fair, I think the margins between success and failure in football are so fine, and depend on so many variables that signings and success are not mutually exclusive.

Several of those players we were "excited" about have gone on to do quite well.

The most frustrating thing for me is that we constantly either had combos of Good players, shite management, Ownership and morale OR Shite players, Good Manager, Shite Ownership and so on and so forth.

This is the first time it feels as if we have a good combination of all being developed, down to the culture, morale and ethos etc.

You can find several example of Top Clubs with World Class players not doing well (Real Madrid alot of the time) simply due to all the other mitigating factors not being met.

I personally feel Fulham would have had a better chance of staying up if they had patience with their manager. Sometimes it's a small matter of getting things in motion and acclimatising.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Well firstly cause Wolverhampton walked the league. They got promoted as the best team with a very good squad. And they kept the majority of it. 

We didn't get promoted as the best team. Nor the second best team, nor the third. Nor the fourth.  We got promoted by one goal through play offs. 

Secondly while Wolverhampton could keep much of their core, ours was largely on loan players. Thus we have to start quite fresh with new players (not only squad players, but first team players). We will probably end up with a completely new defence. 

And we will need a huge amount of players and new relations and dynamics has to be established. 

I could keep going. But anything other than avoiding relegation would be unrealistic. I expect relegation. 

We didnt start the season as the best team but arguably finished as it. You'll have to forgive the transitioning from one manager / backroom staff / squad to another.

You're basically writing us off whilst we're only begining to put a new squad together. Nice one. I think you're excessively negative and jumping the gun somewhat. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, blunther said:

I know, these paraphrases kill me.

"Set to" "Preparing to mount" " Set to prepare to mount, to launch a bid to steal a march"

😂

Honestly, how the Cluck do they know?

Anyway, another loan with an option to buy at the end would be brilliant business for us.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I know, these paraphrases kill me.

"Set to" "Preparing to mount" " Set to prepare to mount, to launch a bid to steal a march"

😂

Honestly, how the Cluck do they know?

Anyway, another loan with an option to buy at the end would be brilliant business for us.

happy kenneth williams GIF

• Haha 3