Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If he doesn’t sign a new contract he leaves on a free next season. 

This is also the same club that let Pogba leave on a free and let Gerrard Pique leave for 5 million. 

I agree unlikely but not quite laughable.

I don't think he would be free out of contract, would he? He's under 24, so as long as Man Utd offered him a new contract, if he rejected it and wanted to go elsewhere there would be compensation.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, pete101 said:

Think people need to take a deep breath and relax for little while, staying up is our agenda next year , saying top 10 is way too hard on Dean Smith next year 

Well he has said his target is 1st, so I'm not sure it will make any difference. 

As long as people accept that 17th is absolutely fine, we're right as rain. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

I don't think he would be free out of contract, would he? He's under 24, so as long as Man Utd offered him a new contract, if he rejected it and wanted to go elsewhere there would be compensation.

I didn’t realise the age for compensation was under 24. I thought it was lower. 

You reckon compensation would be around 8 million? ;) 

13 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He has played on the Premier League for Man Utd

You're being pedantic. Maybe one or two at most in premiership.  In saying that there may be an option for them to extend his contract for another year which would be 2021.

2 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Brighton are poised to sign Portsmouth defender Matt Clarke for £3.9million.

At that price we should be all over it.  Top CB with loads of potential.

Yep, meant to be excellent. Injury prone is only issue.

3 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

You're being pedantic. Maybe one or two at most in premiership.  In saying that there may be an option for them to extend his contract for another year which would be 2021.

According to Wikipedia, he’s played 5 times for Manchester United in the Premier League

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

According to Wikipedia, he’s played 5 times for Manchester United in the Premier League

Ok you made me do it and go and find out.  305 mins in total over 5 games over 2 seasons.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If he doesn’t sign a new contract he leaves on a free next season. 

This is also the same club that let Pogba leave on a free and let Gerrard Pique leave for 5 million. 

I agree unlikely but not quite laughable.

pogba on a free Over ten years ago ? 

Wh6 wouldn’t he sign a new contract? I think people are crazy if the6 really think either of those two points are not true. 

6 hours ago, Nigel said:

You sure?

That leaves hogan as 3rd choice! 

No rid of Hogan as well and bring a 3rd in.

Three sweet option, as they say (three is the magic number).

35 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I have to agree with you. Survival next season will be an amazing achievement considering the circumstances. 

I have faith we can do it.

Gota have the faith, Smith will pull it off,  I think we could actually be surprised this coming season with the quality we could have along with Smith style..

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Gota have the faith, Smith will pull it off,  I think we could actually be surprised this coming season with the quality we could have along with Smith style..

That's the beauty, you know it's not going to be boring with Deano at the helm. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Junxs said:

By the number of people who have reacted unkindly to this I just hope people don't have their hopes too high and ultimately start getting on Dean Smiths back if we are near the relegation zone at any point.

Obviously there are still a number of signings to be made and the calibre of player signed will ultimately point towards where we are likely to finish.

But even then it takes time to gel, people pointing to Wolves as an example are so wrong as they pretty much kept the team together that came up with a few additional signings. 

Even if we get relegated I hope so much that Dean Smith is allowed the opportunity to bring us back up like Sean Dyche did at Burnley.

The last thing we need is a new manager this season.

Yep. I do think 95% of fans would be happy with 17th to be honest, regardless of dreams of top 10 finishes.

It is really important that everyone stays behind the team through the bad patches. We will inevitably take a few beatings, but I think we will also grab a few memorable surprise results along the way too. As long as the players are committed, we carry on doing business in the same vain as we have done so far, and we play positive football, Deano and the team will always have my backing.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

pogba on a free Over ten years ago ? 

Wh6 wouldn’t he sign a new contract? I think people are crazy if the6 really think either of those two points are not true. 

What’s over 10 years ago got to do with it?  He left in 2012 anyway. 

He may not sign a contract because of the salary they offer him or he may want to be a starter somewhere else rather than sit on the bench.

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What’s over 10 years ago got to do with it?  He left in 2012 anyway. 

He may not sign a contract because of the salary they offer him or he may want to be a starter somewhere else rather than sit on the bench.

I agree with this in bold.

The great thing for Axel is with only 12 months on his current deal left he can essentially hold Utd to ransom. He could demand a high percentage of first team action at Utd or leave for guaranteed weekly PL game time elsewhere(us). No way will they allow his contract to run down in this instance imo. If they did it would be due to a probable fall out between club and player which I can't see happening. A contract renew and re-loan is also highly unlikely, as I would expect he could potentially demand a higher contract if he left Utd for a minimal fee of 8m or thereabouts. He has also reached the point as a player imo whereby weekly football is essential for his growth and ambitions as a player. Either Utd will have to pay up significantly as in his contract or ship out this summer. imo

• Like 1

The thing that worries me about Tuanzebe is that he only managed 30 games for across 1.5 years for us because of injuries

Decent enough defender but not dominant in the air so I'm 50/50 on this one

• Like 1