Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Well firstly cause Wolverhampton walked the league. They got promoted as the best team with a very good squad. And they kept the majority of it. 

We didn't get promoted as the best team. Nor the second best team, nor the third. Nor the fourth.  We got promoted by one goal through play offs. 

Secondly while Wolverhampton could keep much of their core, ours was largely on loan players. Thus we have to start quite fresh with new players (not only squad players, but first team players). We will probably end up with a completely new defence. 

And we will need a huge amount of players and new relations and dynamics has to be established. 

I could keep going. But anything other than avoiding relegation would be unrealistic. I expect relegation. 

You COULD keep going.

But i'm hoping you'll also go into all of the intricacies which might (Certainly did) affect our season, and helped prevent us as finishing as one of the "Best Teams"?

Namely:

- Management Change

- Squad depletion

- Near the brink of Administration etc?

This regime came and basically got us up in 1/2 or 2/3 rd of a season with several handicaps. We have done bloody well to even be here, and I would argue that had we had a stable structure from the beginning of the season we could be easily top 2.

We bulldozed our way into the playoffs with major deficiencies after the fact..

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If we sign Tuanzebe for anything below 25/30m it would be an unbelievable deal. He's an absolute baller and is only going to get better (it's crazy to think he is only 21).
I'd be very happy going into the new season with Mings and Tuanzebe as our centre halves. 

It depends on what his contract situation is.  I've not heard of him signing an extension so far and as he is in his final year now, Utd may be willing to sell fairly cheaply but perhaps with a buyback clause or a % of future transfer fees.  I can't see anyone spending that figure you mention, but £8m would be mad value for money.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

It depends on what his contract situation is.  I've not heard of him signing an extension so far and as he is in his final year now, Utd may be willing to sell fairly cheaply but perhaps with a buyback clause or a % of future transfer fees.  I can't see anyone spending that figure you mention, but £8m would be mad value for money.

Seems to be 1 year left on his current deal

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Won’t happen for £8m

As someone above has intimated, I think he actually only has a year to run on his contract, so that could be why the figure is being mooted.

Also as above, pretty sure United would include a shedload of clauses, which would suit us either way IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Well firstly cause Wolverhampton walked the league. They got promoted as the best team with a very good squad. And they kept the majority of it. 

We didn't get promoted as the best team. Nor the second best team, nor the third. Nor the fourth.  We got promoted by one goal through play offs. 

Secondly while Wolverhampton could keep much of their core, ours was largely on loan players. Thus we have to start quite fresh with new players (not only squad players, but first team players). We will probably end up with a completely new defence. 

And we will need a huge amount of players and new relations and dynamics has to be established. 

I could keep going. But anything other than avoiding relegation would be unrealistic. I expect relegation. 

This post isn't too far off imho.

We're a newly promoted side heavily dependent on one player, with a manager untested at this level.

32 minutes ago, privateer said:

That means we have "mulled over", done the "circling", "prepared the bid" and are now going to "launch the bid" and "swoop".

I think we are just “ testing their resolve”...

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Lead us in the PL skip....

You think 

1. United would sell despite speaker saying he and a big future at united 

2. 8m when your seeing championship players going for stupid prices like 20m?

Laughable.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You think 

Laughable.

8 mill for a guy who is out of contract next year, wont get on their team and who has never played in the premiership.  I think its not as unreasonable as people may think

• Like 1

Utd fans  on twitter are going buck daft about this £8m rumour. quite entertaining really. From what I can gather they really really dislike Jones and Smalling and have little time for Eric Bailly and thought Axel should be starting for them next season

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry if it's been brought up, as I'm catching up on a lot of pages, but as far as Wesley and Maupay are concerned, based on what little of seen of Wesley since he was signed, I don't think it's out of the question that they could play together at the same time.

3 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

8 mill for a guy who is out of contract next year, wont get on their team and who has never played in the premiership.  I think its not as unreasonable as people may think

He has played on the Premier League for Man Utd

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You think 

Laughable.

If he doesn’t sign a new contract he leaves on a free next season. 

This is also the same club that let Pogba leave on a free and let Gerrard Pique leave for 5 million. 

I agree unlikely but not quite laughable.

32 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You COULD keep going.

But i'm hoping you'll also go into all of the intricacies which might (Certainly did) affect our season, and helped prevent us as finishing as one of the "Best Teams"?

Namely:

- Management Change

- Squad depletion

- Near the brink of Administration etc?

This regime came and basically got us up in 1/2 or 2/3 rd of a season with several handicaps. We have done bloody well to even be here, and I would argue that had we had a stable structure from the beginning of the season we could be easily top 2.

We bulldozed our way into the playoffs with major deficiencies after the fact..

Oh I agree. We did exceptionally well. But it doesn't change what an enormous task next season will be. 

In fact I can't think of many teams ever getting into the PL so heavily reliant on recruitment. It's not just that we had 3 core players that were on loan, that we've lost, but we've lost a bunch of fringe players that weren't good enough, too old or not in the new manager's plan. I bet Deano would like to shift more but it's kinda important to have footballers when you're a football club. The size of this rebuild is absolutely huge and I don't think we should expect a whole lot next season. It's a case of surviving and keep the rebuild going. 

• Like 2

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

Oh I agree. We did exceptionally well. But it doesn't change what an enormous task next season will be. 

In fact I can't think of many teams ever getting into the PL so heavily reliant on recruitment. It's not just that we had 3 core players that were on loan, that we've lost, but we've lost a bunch of fringe players that weren't good enough, too old or not in the new manager's plan. I bet Deano would like to shift more but it's kinda important to have footballers when you're a football club. The size of this rebuild is absolutely huge and I don't think we should expect a whole lot next season. It's a case of surviving and keep the rebuild going. 

I have to agree with you. Survival next season will be an amazing achievement considering the circumstances. 

I have faith we can do it.