Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Image may contain: 1 person, text

Money WELL spent

By him or by us? 🤣🤣🤣

Edit: just saw in the Ross thread he's struggling with addiction, which is horrid and he obviously needs to seek help, didn't realise when I posted this...although I still contest that it's a great way to spend £20k if you're going to.

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I like El Ghazi but he’s still hit and miss for me. Has all the attributes to be a very good player but for now, I think we should be signing two wingers with Jota and El Ghazi competing with them. 

So instead you pick two other wingers who have never played in the Premier League? Your rationale makes no sense. Also you must have stopped watching our games around February time. You clearly missed the playoff final too. 

El Ghazi will be starting on opening day. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

By him or by us? 🤣🤣🤣

Edit: just saw in the Ross thread he's struggling with addiction, which is horrid and he obviously needs to seek help, didn't realise when I posted this...although I still contest that it's a great way to spend £20k if you're going to.

That's the problem isn't it? It's hard enough to suppress those demons of addiction as a normal person.

So imagine being loaded?

If he really is suffering from addiction then yes that is terrible.

Been there, it's not really something anyone but the person can fix.

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

So instead you pick two other wingers who have never played in the Premier League? Your rationale makes no sense. Also you must have stopped watching our games around February time. You clearly missed the playoff final too. 

I like El Ghazi but I still think he could do with losing a few pounds (he has a Gareth Barry backside) which could make him that bit quicker. With an extra yard of pace he would be really dangerous.  I would start with Benrahma and Bowen in front of him, if we had them, but he would be a great option for a first change!!

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That's the problem isn't it? It's hard enough to suppress those demons of addiction as a normal person.

So imagine being loaded?

If he really is suffering from addiction then yes that is terrible.

Been there, it's not really something anyone but the person can fix.

Shame he never got addicted to training!!

• Like 1

Can we throw the cheque book at Brentford for Benrahma. He's like a 5 years younger Mahrez who only scored a paltry 3 goals and 5 assists in 1000 odd minutes in Championship when he signed for Leicester

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Yep totally agree. I think we have 4 players who are nailed on starters in the Prem from this seasons starting 11. Jack, Mcginn, Mings(when he gets the train back up) and El Ghazi.. and rightly so imo. 

6 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I like El Ghazi but I still think he could do with losing a few pounds (he has a Gareth Barry backside) which could make him that bit quicker. With an extra yard of pace he would be really dangerous.  I would start with Benrahma and Bowen in front of him, if we had them, but he would be a great option for a first change!!

I think your pissing in the wind if you think we are going to bench him for another player from the Championship tbh. He's quick enough and is as technically capable as anyone in our squad. Jeez...lose weight? I wish people would give the kid a break. The club will ensure he is at optimal weight to perform. He's still growing into a bloke and he has been nothing but stella since he arrived. Started well, he then tailed off and got dropped. Never let shit get to him, just worked hard and got back in the team to become one of the biggest influences in our push for promotion.

I think people really underestimate the positivity and energy El Ghazi brings to our team. I don't see him shrinking in the Prem. Quite the opposite in fact, I think he will relish skinning defences and blossom and he has earnt the opportunity more importantly. His pedigree is unquestionable imo. And he has already proven he fits our system very well.   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, barry'sboots said:

Seriously? He is without doubt the quickest player we have at the club already. I think he can improve in other areas but losing weight and gaining pace is certainly not something he should be working on!

27 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I think your pissing in the wind if you think we are going to bench him for another player from the Championship tbh. He's quick enough and is as technically capable as anyone in our squad. Jeez...lose weight? I wish people would give the kid a break. The club will ensure he is at optimal weight to perform. He's still growing into a bloke and he has been nothing but stella since he arrived. Started well, he then tailed off and got dropped. Never let shit get to him, just worked hard and got back in the team to become one of the biggest influences in our push for promotion.

I think people really underestimate the positivity and energy El Ghazi brings to our team. I don't see him shrinking in the Prem. Quite the opposite in fact, I think he will relish skinning defences and blossom and he has earnt the opportunity more importantly. His pedigree is unquestionable imo. And he has already proven he fits our system very well.   

I said I like the kid.  He has all of the tricks - stepovers etc. (almost Ronaldo like) - but not the electric pace of a, say, Robben or even a Youngy in his day or, indeed, Bolasie last season.  If he had that I think he could be right up there. Of course I'm being hyper critical when I say he carries some weight, but he does have a backside/hips, and it is fine margins at the top level which the PL is.

I think you overestimate his performances and certainly his consistency.  he looked a cut above what we had elsewhere on the wings because we had Adomah and Green to compete with him.  Benrhama and Bowen, however, had much better stats for last season, arguably playing in lesser teams.

I am glad we signed him but my preference would be that he was first change because we bring in other top wide players who are ahead of him at the minute as I see it.

Great value tough at £4m (or £8m) whichever is correct.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Seriously? He is without doubt the quickest player we have at the club already. I think he can improve in other areas but losing weight and gaining pace is certainly not something he should be working on!

You might be right.  I don't think we have anybody who is notably rapid at the minute.  I would say of any position that genuine pace really makes a difference though it is a wide player.  I remember Murphy roasting Hutton a Villa park a couple of seasons ago.

2 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I said I like the kid.  He has all of the tricks - stepovers etc. (almost Ronaldo like) - but not the electric pace of a, say, Robben or even a Youngy in his day or, indeed, Bolasie last season.  If he had that I think he could be right up there. Of course I'm being hyper critical when I say he carries some weight, but he does have a backside/hips, and it is fine margins at the top level which the PL is.

I think you overestimate his performances and certainly his consistency.  he looked a cut above what we had elsewhere on the wings because we had Adomah and Green to compete with him.  Benrhama and Bowen, however, had much better stats for last season, arguably playing in lesser teams.

I am glad we signed him but my preference would be that he was first change because we bring in other top wide players who are ahead of him at the minute as I see it.

I really don't underestimate his performances or consistency. What I do is take into consideration is his move to another country, culture, teammates, systems of work. Then come to the conclusion that although he has taken a little time to adapt he has with flying colours for his first season. Yes he needs to improve in areas but who doesn't. Yes other players may have better stats in lesser teams but do stats tell you all the story?! For instance the big fish small pond scenario. Having more of the ball because the collective isn't as good. Different team styles, personal character etc. There are more variables than just stats when picking a player. Anyway I'm tired and it's all opinions.  

• Like 2

Any chance we could land Theo Hernandez for LB from Real with a sneaky €10m bid? They've just signed one of the six million footballing Mendy's it's another LB. Theyve got Marcelo and another chap I can't remember beginning with R who all play LB.

They've got so many players to get rid of. Maybe €30m for Theo and Odengaard for RW.

Probably unrealistic.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Any chance we could land Theo Hernandez for LB from Real with a sneaky €10m bid? They've just signed one of the six million footballing Mendy's it's another LB. Theyve got Marcelo and another chap I can't remember beginning with R who all play LB.

They've got so many players to get rid of. Maybe €30m for Theo and Odengaard for RW.

Probably unrealistic.

Yes please 

2 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

I would be happy to sign Benrahma or Bowen (although I didn't know a lot about the latter before). But how does Benrahma have more than El Ghazi? I still think we should go for Benrahma, noticed him when they've played us away.