Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Bournemouth are entitled to try and maximise a fee for Mings, if they want to sell him. I think they are now shitting themselves, Howe has been made to look a bit of a tool letting Mings go and Mings performing as he did. Howe knows Bournemouth can’t compete with Villa now we’re back in Premier League, so he’ll try and get one up on us over Mings. We might have to be prepared to move on to other options if Howe plays silly buggers. Mings might have to force the issue with a transfer request. 

1 minute ago, OxfordVillan said:

Bournemouth are entitled to try and maximise a fee for Mings, if they want to sell him. I think they are now shitting themselves, Howe has been made to look a bit of a tool letting Mings go and Mings performing as he did. Howe knows Bournemouth can’t compete with Villa now we’re back in Premier League, so he’ll try and get one up on us over Mings. We might have to be prepared to move on to other options if Howe plays silly buggers. Mings might have to force the issue with a transfer request. 

Think it's more just a case of getting the most for him and also seeing if Spurs come in for Ake. No team would want to sell them both. Think they'd be open to selling Mings if there weren't rumours about Ake replacing Toby. It's just a waiting game and how much money we are willing to part with for him.

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

This genuinely made me lol.

He’s my hero. So much cash and so many bitches.

I sometimes wonder if it would be better if humans were completely wiped out. 

There's definitely something to be said for eugenics if they could eliminate the absolute bellend gene

26 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Just for clarity, the clause was to allow us to match any accepted bid. It's not that we have to match the highest bidder. Otherwise, we could bid £20m, and Bournemouth could sneakily ask (pay) another club to 'bid £25m', which we would then have to match.

The clause was a first refusal thingy, so if any other club offers a sufficient amount that Bournemouth accept, we then get the option to bid the same amount and let Tyrone decide (I think I know who he'd chose... tee hee....)

Your scenario could happen in any transfer, with or without a special clause. If they can find another club who will offer more then it’s in their interests to do so, knowing we will likely up our offer.

All this clause does is obliges Bournemouth to tell us if someone has bid higher, and presumably they have to tell us the amount so we don’t blindly bid more than we needed to.

It’s not really any different to any other bidding war though.

1 hour ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I doubt we are in for Dunk

How old is he now? 50?

Do the Weetabix Gang get a part of the fee?

I always thought he was a bit of a thug too. Very intimidating for a Weetabix, with his braces, Doc Martins, stonewashed tight jeans and cropped wheat haircut.

9 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Your scenario could happen in any transfer, with or without a special clause. If they can find another club who will offer more then it’s in their interests to do so, knowing we will likely up our offer.

All this clause does is obliges Bournemouth to tell us if someone has bid higher, and presumably they have to tell us the amount so we don’t blindly bid more than we needed to.

It’s not really any different to any other bidding war though.

That doesn't really work. If we made a £15m bid, which Bournemouth deem as an acceptable amount, then they would just accept it, wouldn't they? Unless they don't see that as enough, then they would reject it.

If they accepted our £15m bid and then paid another club (say, £500k, under the table) to offer £20m, we'd just say "Okay, well you've already accepted our offer... so the choice is down to Tyrone."

Unless they decided to then reject the £15m offer, based on the fact that another club has (been paid to) put in another offer. Which would be an odd move by Bournemouth, because there is no guarantees that we would match that new £20m from the club that Bournemouth know have no interest in actually signing the player.

2 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Butland

Mings

Phillips

Grealish

Wesley

What a spine to build around. Imagine if we started the season with the below line-up

lineup.png

Like the look of it. Then we just need some squad filler players such as another ST.

• Like 1

I read somewhere that Aston Villa feel Jed Steer is not ready for the Premier League, (despite his heroics in being instrumental in getting us up), its a valid point.

I know Aston Villa News now is all click bait.....but I feel that statement is not far from the truth.

If we have any serious intentions of staying up, we need a top class keeper, with dominant qualities.

I also know, some fans have said its not priority, we have more pressing demands, I disagree......Its top priority in my view

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

Would be a travesty for Brighton to lose Dunk, unbelievably good defender. If Villa signed him and Mings alone with a top new goalkeeper, you wouldn’t have to worry about the defence. 

Get two attacking wing backs and we are gold. 

Keeper one is interesting purely from a turnover perspective. From my POV Sarkic needs to play some proper games somewhere. No one fell in love with Nyland. Kalinic seemed like the answer but hardly shone and IF there's been a fall out or just decided to move on then so be it. Steer stepped in and finally took his chance. Barring any new arrival the jersey is surely his to lose right now. His stock has never been higher though and if he wants to play as No.1 and he's not going to here I wouldn't begrudge him moving on. Having said that, if he wants to hang around as No. 2 to someone for a year (or more) then great. He's part of our history. Kalinic probably has the most re-sale value. I can't imagine people knocking down the door to sign Nyland.

In Deano we trust.

Edited by VILLAMARV
j

I don't think we'll be signing any of these names like Dunk, Targett, Phillips, Butland, Lolley and so on. Nearly all our signings/loans in the last two transfer windows have come from completely nowhere, the only one I can think of that was rumoured for a while and then actually signed for us was Abraham.

This is where i have got so far?

That lineup would cost roughly £92 million (Butland - 20m, Mings - 15m, Phillips (or similar) - 15m, El Ghazi - 5m, Benrahma - 15m, Wesley - 22m).

We still then need a LB & CB. (20 - 25m for both?)

Backup players - Steer, Kalinic, Taylor, Hause, Chester, Elmo, Hourihane, Lansbury, Bjarnason, Jota, Kodjia. (i think even with all the money spent, our backup players look a bit light in numbers and/or ability)

Loan out - Green, O'Hare, Bree, Davis, Hogan, Tshibola, RHM,

Villa 1.png

Edited by MaVilla