Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

2 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Just read that whilst our level of interest in Tyrone Mings is high, the rumour is not to expect him to sign any time soon.

I just guessing, but I reckon this is starting to feel like a bigger club may be in for him and we are just on the back burner for now.

Wild speculation at its best of course

At the fee mentioned I think that is unlikely. They are trying to milk us for a player they did not even play in their first team.

This is all based on a good half season with us.

I love the guy, but I hope and believe we have other options. 

9 minutes ago, supermon said:

Wouldn't mind one or two older players in the team, I think you need those leaders in the team/dressing room.  Now that the likes of Whelan and Jedinak are gone, think we need those characters in.  First season isn't going to be easy.  I hope we buy some established premier league players

yeah thats why i wish we had kept Whelan and Jedinak around for another season, to keep the culture/professionalism up........

15 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Video has surfaced online of a little scrote nobody player from Cov filming himself on a lads holiday. Making all mannerisms of being on drugs, drinking, giving it biggun. Been given a bit of stick for saying he's gonna leave Cov when he's very much a reserve.

Anyhoo Bayliss appears in the background not doing much, just sat down and the scrote says "He's gonna be on about 10 bags in 3 days".

Dunno if that's money per week in a move to a new club, or bags of something else.

omg who is this tool?

Just now, AntrimBlack said:

At the fee mentioned I think that is unlikely. They are trying to milk us for a player they did not even play in their first team.

This is all based on a good half season with us.

I love the guy, but I hope and believe we have other options. 

I agree, if they’re trying to negotiate in bad faith and expecting to milk us then I think dealing with Purslow will not be a nice experience for them, really doubt he’ll allow them to play him for a fool.

I like Tyrone but if they want too much for him then I’m sure there are better options elsewhere while they’ll be left with an unhappy player that they don’t even seem to plan playing in the first team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villarocker said:

To be fair to Bournemouth, they had a deal with Villa whereby we had to match the highest bidder to get Mings. They're probably holding out on a bidding war in order to ramp his price up before letting him go. 

I can see Tyrone sitting in his Villa kit, being held hostage in a darkened room somewhere in Sandbanks and telling them that he's not going anywhere, other than back home to Villa Park.

Wouldn't mind Xaver Schlager of RB Salzburg as a squad player, great box to box player, can play as DM, Centre mid or AM, got bags of skill, can score and set them up too.  Only 21 years old. Great option to cover or start as DM, McGinn or Grealish

lol gotta love Wikipedia:

Jak Hickman (born 11 September 1998) is an English professional footballer who plays as a defender for League One club Coventry City. Hickman has very heavy pockets which might explain his failure to make Coventry’s first team. Can’t be easy running with all that tash. bears a striking resemblance to adolf hitler. He is heavily linked with a number of Columbian first division sides which he is very keen on so he can be closer to his supplier.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jak_Hickman

Edited by MaVilla

I guess the likely appointment of Lampard at Chelsea has scuppered any chance of us signing Tomori and that like Tammy he will now be faced with a season of mostly bench warming.

8 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

He's called Jak Hickman. Look at his apology—clearly not very bright! I don't think he's made an appearance for Coventry.

image.png.43126a8f0306f25464a46b89479839f2.png

What a first class tool.

Can't believe his apology wasn't at least professionally scripted by Coventry. 

At least you know it was actually him who said it I guess. 

He's probably out of there already. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Can't believe his apology wasn't at least professionally scripted by Coventry. 

At least you know it was actually him who said it I guess. 

He's probably out of there already. 

He has been  loan at Ashton United, Mickleover Sports and Hereford last few seasons. Maybe one of those or Nuneaton Borough will take a chance on him. He was getting released by Coventry in July anyway interested to see where he goes next.

Edited by Villan4Life

2 hours ago, villarocker said:

To be fair to Bournemouth, they had a deal with Villa whereby we had to match the highest bidder to get Mings. They're probably holding out on a bidding war in order to ramp his price up before letting him go. 

Just for clarity, the clause was to allow us to match any accepted bid. It's not that we have to match the highest bidder. Otherwise, we could bid £20m, and Bournemouth could sneakily ask (pay) another club to 'bid £25m', which we would then have to match.

The clause was a first refusal thingy, so if any other club offers a sufficient amount that Bournemouth accept, we then get the option to bid the same amount and let Tyrone decide (I think I know who he'd chose... tee hee....)

8 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Lol well that's his career over then. 

Yep. Even if he did have a decent club lined up, you'd imagine 9/10 clubs would now say 'thanks, but no thanks'.