Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Now that we have Wesley in, let’s sign Valentin Rongier. He’s the perfect fit for our deep lying playmaker role and he wants to leave Nantes for a new challenge!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

People seem to be turning their noses up at Bale.... a player who still gets on the Real Madrid bench, and would mostly probably start a few games too, madness. 

Bale would be the biggest meltdown signing ever.  People forgot just how insane he is. With all his injury problems, he’s still a top 10 player in the world when he is fit. I don’t think it’ll ever happen, mind you, but if it did, I would lose my s**t!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

People seem to be turning their noses up at Bale.... a player who still gets on the Real Madrid bench, and would mostly probably start a few games too, madness. 

not madness at all, hes 29 (30 in July).

hes on over 300k per week basic (15m per year - more with bonuses), very very injury prone, and would have zero sell on or development value.

Personally i can think of a million better things to spend over 300k a week on (4-8 really good players wages), and after his injuries he's probably not the player that signed for Madrid.

If you are stupid rich, have a 500m league winning team and dont care about pi**ing 300k a week up the wall then fine, and thats if its a free transfer, if you actually have to pay 50m for him, the numbers are just cookoo nuts.

For us, it would be a disgustingly terrible signing, like.....really really terrible.

he is the epitome of a player that is borderline past his prime, or so close to it that he would be past his prime with his next club, exactly what we say we dont want.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

What we have learnt from the Wesley signing is that absolutely no UK journalist has a clue about prospective transfer targets. Any rumours should just be ignored as they will undoubtedly be absolute BS. 

Has been the same for a while yet some people still throw tantrums when we get linked to shit players in the media 

6 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Seems to be lots of talk about Lewis Dunk today, Seems he's off somewhere for about 30 million, Apparently Leicester but lots of talk about us in the rags & on twitter

Hopefully not for £30m. I'm sure we can get 2 very good CB's for that.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Lewis Dunk and Tyrone Mings would be a pretty solid centre half pairing. 

Would cost about 45 million though. 

If it gets us 45 + points next I feel it's money well spent and will improve over time as a partnership.

Stay up and build super solid foundations and get the vital spine of the team as high quality as possible,  this tends to lift those around them IMO.  (EG Keane, Pallaster, Bruce + Pace on the wings you are halfway there as an example)

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

not for £30m.

Maybe, what we all knew about money and transfers is sort of out the window now.  We don't know how far these owners will go & there still might be some surprises.  Maybe they don't fancy the relegation scrap thing at all from a business point of view and are actively ensuring it doesn't happen too their new shiny premier league asset 🙂 ,  relegation is like a self imposed trade tariff,  they and I don't ever want that again.  Twice in my life is too many already.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NZV said:

Now that we have Wesley in, let’s sign Valentin Rongier. He’s the perfect fit for our deep lying playmaker role and he wants to leave Nantes for a new challenge!

Would love us to sign this guy, would be a real class signing, prefer him to the the Leeds player, probably be cheaper too.

• Like 1

Video has surfaced online of a little scrote nobody player from Cov filming himself on a lads holiday. Making all mannerisms of being on drugs, drinking, giving it biggun. Been given a bit of stick for saying he's gonna leave Cov when he's very much a reserve.

Anyhoo Bayliss appears in the background not doing much, just sat down and the scrote says "He's gonna be on about 10 bags in 3 days".

Dunno if that's money per week in a move to a new club, or bags of something else.

edit... WARNING: This video is awful.

Edited by Tomaszk

Wouldn't mind one or two older players in the team, I think you need those leaders in the team/dressing room.  Now that the likes of Whelan and Jedinak are gone, think we need those characters in.  First season isn't going to be easy.  I hope we buy some established premier league players

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Video has surfaced online of a little scrote nobody player from Cov filming himself on a lads holiday. Making all mannerisms of being on drugs, drinking, giving it biggun. Been given a bit of stick for saying he's gonna leave Cov when he's very much a reserve.

Anyhoo Bayliss appears in the background not doing much, just sat down and the scrote says "He's gonna be on about 10 bags in 3 days".

Dunno if that's money per week in a move to a new club, or bags of something else.

What a d**k!!

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I hate him so much

• Haha 1