Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

THIS IS MORE LIKE IT!!!!

Finally.

I reckon Suso browses this forum, and he saw us all complaining at the lack of excitement. So he popped on the phone to Club Ruge and said "Bonjourno, 'ow much for le' Wesley?.. .... ..... fifteen milliano smackers? No problemo Bella, we give you 22. Ciaaoooooo. Tell Wesley to pick me up one of your famous swiss Cheeses on ees way to Le Brexit"

There might have been a few slight differences to do with language and pronunciation, but I imagine that's pretty much how it went.

Is Mario our new DoF?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Daweii said:

Brighton value Dunk at £30 million, they won't sell for £15 million. He's probably on the more unrealistic end of our transfer targets given his price, but if we go for him then our window will likely cost £150 million+ once the dust has settled. 

Is dunk any good?, can't say I have seen him play tbh.

57 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Not only that, several of the lawyers on that appeals board were on the payroll of some of our relegation competitors.  This whole process was/is incredibly shady. 

Those rules say that if you play enough for a player and offer them a high enough salary, then the rules don't apply and a work permit should be granted.  If I'm a club with not a lot of money and I find a bargain priced Johnny Foreigner, tough luck.  If I'm Man City and pay over the moon for someone unknown, I'm guaranteed to get a work permit...  What is the thought process behind that???

Yeah well......we got him in the end  :(

• Haha 2

None of our signings so far under the new regime have been in the media here beforehand I don’t think? Jota was literally on the same morning Gregg announces it but nothing in advance, Guilbert and Wesley nobody had a clue about. Maybe if we sign players from the Prem or Championship we may get some idea other than that nobody really has a clue on this side of the pond. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Is dunk any good?, can't say I have seen him play tbh.

I don't know him enough to say. I know that he's an academy talent that has been at Brighton his whole career aside from a loan in 2013. Brighton seem to rate him highly and Leicester were apparently sniffing around a few days ago so there would likely be competition for him.

Somebody mentioned in the Wesley thread that there's an old 'rule' that it takes two players of the same nationality to help a player settle. Obviously thats probably not how you would go about signing a team but makes for a half decent speculation game.

Any Young Brazilians that we've probably never heard of that you'd like to see us sign?

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

Somebody mentioned in the Wesley thread that there's an old 'rule' that it takes two players of the same nationality to help a player settle. Obviously thats probably not how you would go about signing a team but makes for a half decent speculation game.

Any Young Brazilians that we've probably never heard of that you'd like to see us sign?

I'll go with Lyanco, a Serbian/Brazilian right sided CB who spent 6 months on loan at Bologna from Torino, allegedly had a good tournament in Toulouse and has gotten interest from PSV since. Just the fact he's barely made any appearances until his 13-game stint at Bologna may be an issue 😄

29 minutes ago, Daweii said:

I don't know him enough to say. I know that he's an academy talent that has been at Brighton his whole career aside from a loan in 2013. Brighton seem to rate him highly and Leicester were apparently sniffing around a few days ago so there would likely be competition for him.

Brighton might want to get some cash together for new players, their new manager might want to bring in. I think if we want him, we may have the money to make this happen. I predict a slam dunk....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, John said:

Brighton might want to get some cash together for new players, their new manager might want to bring in. I think if we want him, we may have the money to make this happen. I predict a slam dunk....

Imagine Graham Potter getting a move to a bigger club and once again they proceed to sell of all their good players.

would be Swansea all over again for him.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Bergkamp had Wim Jonk, Batistuta had Abel Balbo, Ibra had Maxwell - maybe we'll sign a friend for him.

5 hours ago, thunderball said:

Not a million miles from my view @villarocker but I rate Maupay very highly. Would also like Benrahma as an alternative to Lolley or Bowen but that's nit-picking

The good thing about assembling a side like that pretty much means that, should we keep the majority of them if we did go down, we know that side would pretty much boss the Championship and go straight back up. 

• Like 1