Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

I’m worried about spending too much and also bringing in too many faces early on.

we need quality over quantity. 

McGinn, Green and Grealish all capable starting XI. We’ve added El Ghazi and hopefully Mings and Wesley. 

I don’t think we have have huge squad depth anyway unless we plan to spend £250m. 

Build that spine of the team (which isn’t too far away) and January and next summer could be the time to go big

Just now, kidlewis said:

I’m worried about spending too much and also bringing in too many faces early on.

McGinn, Green and Grealish all capable starting XI. We’ve added El Ghazi and hopefully Mings and Wesley. 

I don’t think we have have huge squad depth anyway unless we plan to spend £250m. 

Build that spine of the team (which isn’t too far away) and January and next summer could be the time to go big

The problem is we basically needed 8 to 10 players jist to make a basic squad.

But yeah of course we need quality over quantity.

Interesting times.

Would it be fair to say as it stands -

?
Guilbert - ? - ? - ?
       Hourihane 
McGinn - Grealish
     ? - Wesley - El Ghazi

If the Butland/Phillips deals happen and everything goes smoothly with Mings -

Butland
Guilbert - ? - Mings - ?
             Phillips
    McGinn - Grealish
       ? - Wesley - El Ghazi

Don't see the Hause and Jota being starters personally (And not sure I would want them to be anyway) so that's why I've left them out. We made a big money signing on a striker which I'm pleased about, I'd like us to try the same for that right winger position. Pretty sure I mentioned it not long ago but it's really important we fill that with quality.

Edited by Farlz

1 minute ago, kidlewis said:

Green? Didn't look massively capable at Championship level. We need to bring in lots of new faces, they just need to be the right signings.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

2x CB

1x Striker

1x LB

1x DM 

1x Winger

1x Goalkeeper?

I think were short on.

Agree with this but perhaps we need 3 CBs, given that neither Hause nor Mings have actually resigned yet... maybe we need 4 depending on Chester...

49 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Some Villa fans: Need premiership players not more from Championship REEEEEE!!!!

Same Villa fans after Juniper league signing: This is excellent. I know nothing about him but this is excellent

Meanwhile Kiwivillan is updating his wallchart of which fan mentioned the premiership and also got excited about the signing of a £22m Brazilian striker that has received interest from Bayern and Lazio :rolleyes:

I think we need a right-back, last time Elmohamady played there in the Premier league with Hull he came in for a lot of stick, as did the manager for playing him in that position, can just about cope in the championship but his real position is on the right wing, if Guilbert gets injured, or he doesn't turn out to be as good as we hope we could be in trouble in that department.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, useless said:

I think we need a right-back, last time Elmohamady played there in the Premier league with Hull he came in for a lot of stick, as did the manager for playing him in that position, can just about cope in the championship but his real position is on the right wing, if Guilbert gets injured, or he doesn't turn out to be as good as we hope we could be in trouble in that department.

The problem is we need other positions so desperately I'm not sure we could even consider another RB, will probably cost us 100m+ just to get a basic squad excluding upgrading the RB position.

8 minutes ago, Gillz said:

The thing that really annoys me about this is that 'The Sun' (and pretty much every UK news outlet) just got absolutely blindsided by Villa breaking their transfer record on a striker, but then proceed to follow up that 'breaking news' by still pretending to have any idea of who we are targeting.

It’s kind of amazing how they opt for the classic “throw shit at the wall and see what sticks” whilst the AVFC board seem to be working with a completely different wall that isn’t covered in shit. I like it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

OoOooOoo check out Mr Frilly Bollocks using ‘thus far’ twice in one post. Did your butler post that for you while he wiped your arse with a silver spoon?

He also used one of those squiggly line things. I don’t even know how to do that on my keyboard. Must be Prince William himself.

• Like 1