Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

35 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

The difference is we really need to sign players in these positions. We're not turning our backs on the team that got us promoted, we're filling the gaps left in the squad so we can compete.

Without question we need that number of CBs (and two CB signings should hopefully be loan players from last year made permanent, so therefore not like Fulham as there'll be continuity). If we couldn't get Tammy back then without question we needed a striker. It goes without saying that we need a proper DM/CM to play behind Jack and John. Other massive weak spots are LB and RW. So far we've signed Jota, but we're still light on the wings. We weren't the complete, finished article last year, so we need to build still.

We're nothing like Fulham last year. But we do need to spend a lot just to get the squad balanced and ready.

This post should be copied and posted as a response every time someone makes the Fulham comparison over the next two months.

• Like 1

think there's a discussion to be had as to what "doing a Fulham" actually means

Fulham's promotion team included 7 loan players, they bought 1 of them after promotion, they bought 12 players, sold 1 released 2 and loaned out 3 more, net spend of about 110m

we go promoted with 6 players on loan, so far 1 of which we have bought, we have bought 3 players, sold 1 released 8 and loaned out 0 net spend of around 30m (and I hope we sign hause and mings meaning 2 more loanees returning, maybe maybe tuanzebe too)

agree we need to do it carefully still but you can see we need bodies! at the moment we have a player turnover of -11, Fulham started the PL with a turnover of +2, I don't think for a minute that we're buying or loaning that many players but we still need more

• Like 1

If the Wesley signing signifies anything to me, we wont be signing the likes of Maupay for 20 odd million thankfully. 

You dont see Lazio, Newcastle, Fiorentina, WestHam linked with the likes of him. 

We need to get used to being back in with the big boys 😀 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Just read that whilst our level of interest in Tyrone Mings is high, the rumour is not to expect him to sign any time soon.

I just guessing, but I reckon this is starting to feel like a bigger club may be in for him and we are just on the back burner for now.

Wild speculation at its best of course

To be fair to Bournemouth, they had a deal with Villa whereby we had to match the highest bidder to get Mings. They're probably holding out on a bidding war in order to ramp his price up before letting him go. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Only loan id take is axel. Any loans should be with a view of permanent transfee like hause and el ghazi

Demi, I think you have created a new word there and I like it - transfee - meaning a loan transfer deal that involves a guaranteed transfer fee at the end of it or, more simply, a transfer fee. 

Not taking the pee either, it's in the same realms of British exit from the EU - Brexit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I’ve been saying it for a while, you don’t bring a guy like Suso in and the man shop exclusively in the PL and EFL.

We’ve been linked with so many players and a lot of the links appear to be from journo’s who think O’Neill is still in charge.

Even after the Wesley signing we are seeing the same names from the championship.

It’s a big world people! 

Saying that the one player I would love is Benrahama. No idea if any truth in the bid we made.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Even after the Wesley signing we are seeing the same names from the championship.

It’s a big world people! 

Saying that the one player I would love is Benrahama. No idea if any truth in the bid we made.

Agreed would like benrahma also.

1 minute ago, villarocker said:

Demi, I think you have created a new word there and I like it - transfee - meaning a loan transfer deal that involves a guaranteed transfer fee at the end of it or, more simply, a transfer fee. 

Not taking the pee either, it's in the same realms of British exit from the EU - Brexit. 

In that case I agree with Dem. Any loans must be transfees.

lets make this stick. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s a big world people! 

If you and Trent are right, if we aren't looking at Phillips, I hope it's some big, imposing, nasty piece of work to sit in front of Mings so that Tyrone just simply needs to finish then off rather than have to do the whole kill. 

Edited by villarocker
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Only loan id take is axel. Any loans should be with a view of permanent transfee like hause and el ghazi

Which Purslow has explained won't be happening unless there is a clause in there.

It's a bad business model for a PL club.

Different kettle of fish in the Championship where you don't have a pot to piss in and have no choice.

I would love Tuanzebe back. Il be gutted if he is not a Villa player come September 1st in some capacity.

39 minutes ago, villarocker said:

To be fair to Bournemouth, they had a deal with Villa whereby we had to match the highest bidder to get Mings. They're probably holding out on a bidding war in order to ramp his price up before letting him go. 

I had a similar chat with my old man earlier...seems most likely to me they are asking for a fee Villa deem too high, trying to take advantage of the fact they know our fans desperately want him, and it could cause friction if we don’t get him. They are now our rivals after all. I think later in the window they will soften their stance if no one bids what they want. 

Edited by Monsieur Hazdazler

32 minutes ago, villarocker said:

If you and Trent are right, if we aren't looking at Phillips, I hope it's some big, imposing, nasty piece of work to sit in front of Mings so that Tyrone just simply needs to finish then off rather than have to do the whole kill. 

I don’t know if we are in for Phillips, I just know not to take much notice of press speculation.

15 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

God no, I would cry if we signed Gareth bale.

People seem to be turning their noses up at Bale.... a player who still gets on the Real Madrid bench, and would mostly probably start a few games too, madness. 

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

I’ve been saying it for a while, you don’t bring a guy like Suso in and then shop exclusively in the PL and EFL.

We’ve been linked with so many players and a lot of the links appear to be from journo’s who think O’Neill is still in charge.

Exactly this