Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

6 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I would be happy to sign Benrahma or Bowen (although I didn't know a lot about the latter before). But how does Benrahma have more than El Ghazi? I still think we should go for Benrahma, noticed him when they've played us away. 

I'm not sure what El Ghazi has to do with Benrahma? Benrahma can play left right or central. I think he's the next Mahrez if not better

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'm not sure what El Ghazi has to do with Benrahma? Benrahma can play left right or central. I think he's the next Mahrez if not better

I think they could be compliment to each other, although Benrahma seem to do better when he plays on left.

However, I was just saying that in terms of pace, El Ghazi have more. He could also do a great job on right. 

I think if we have El Ghazi and Benrahma at both wings we'll be really excited whenever the ball is with us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I think they could be compliment to each other, although Benrahma seem to do better when he plays on left.

However, I was just saying that in terms of pace, El Ghazi have more. He could also do a great job on right. 

I think if we have El Ghazi and Benrahma at both wings we'll be really excited whenever the ball is with us.

Yeah I'd love both. I think Benrahma has more guile and El Ghazi more direct 

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Yeah I'd love both. I think Benrahma has more guile and El Ghazi more direct 

Exactly. It has a great potential in that by changing their side in the games which would be need huge work from defenders to follow up.

On 09/06/2019 at 17:54, KentVillan said:

Nobody said all of his recruits were former Brentford players. But we've been linked with a lot of Brentford players. Not hard to understand why people are discussing it, is it?

Not at all. People discuss nonsense all the time. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AshVilla said:

2x CB

1x Striker

1x LB

1x DM 

1x Winger

1x Goalkeeper?

I think were short on.

I'm just picking this post at random but it could have been one of loads.

Can someone explain to me how we are not 'doing a Fulham'?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Because we have Dean Smith

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I think / hope it's because we are signing players that fit the style of football the manager wants to play, plus with the right mentality. Fulham took a bit of a scattergun approach and stopped doing what actually got them in to the PL in the first place. The owner seemed to make too many decisions.

Plus their LB was shit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nigel said:

They were more established than us. We need a whole first team. Our team that finished 5th in the Championship is a lot better than our current one. (Especially we’re getting better and better with every signing). Fulham had even bought players just to upgrade those who done well down there in their system. 

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Any chance we could land Theo Hernandez for LB from Real with a sneaky €10m bid? They've just signed one of the six million footballing Mendy's it's another LB. Theyve got Marcelo and another chap I can't remember beginning with R who all play LB.

They've got so many players to get rid of. Maybe €30m for Theo and Odengaard for RW.

Probably unrealistic.

Theo Hernandez and Martin Odegaard would really strengthen us, even if it seems overly ambitious we should at least try. We need a RW and LB and they are two massive prospects who Real won't use and are already capable of playing at a high level. Imagine Odegaard, El Ghazi, Grealish, McGinn and Wesley all linking up together. 

Personally, I'd look at a loan to buy option for them. A bit like Wolves did with Jimenez and Jonny last season (and Jota the season before), we loan them for a season to see if they adapt and take to the PL, if so we pay Real £30-40mil for both of them at the end of the season. Win-win for both clubs. 

I think Purslow, Smith and the owners have looked at what Wolves have achieved in their first season back and seen that outside of the top six the rest are beatable on any given day if you field a decent enough team against them. Hopefully, that's where we will be within a couple of seasons and then we kick on from there. 

14 minutes ago, villarocker said:

I think Purslow, Smith and the owners have looked at what Wolves have achieved in their first season back and seen that outside of the top six the rest are beatable on any given day if you field a decent enough team against them. Hopefully, that's where we will be within a couple of seasons and then we kick on from there. 

Interestingly, Wolves took more points off the top 6 last year than the bottom 6 (which included 2 losses to Huddersfield).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nigel said:

The difference is we really need to sign players in these positions. We're not turning our backs on the team that got us promoted, we're filling the gaps left in the squad so we can compete.

Without question we need that number of CBs (and two CB signings should hopefully be loan players from last year made permanent, so therefore not like Fulham as there'll be continuity). If we couldn't get Tammy back then without question we needed a striker. It goes without saying that we need a proper DM/CM to play behind Jack and John. Other massive weak spots are LB and RW. So far we've signed Jota, but we're still light on the wings. We weren't the complete, finished article last year, so we need to build still.

We're nothing like Fulham last year. But we do need to spend a lot just to get the squad balanced and ready.

Edited by praisedmambo
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Nigel said:

Believe it or not we’re actually doing a Brighton and Huddersfield too. They both spent big in the first seasons they came up. Not as much as Fulham but still a lot of money on a lot of players. 

I don’t really know what happened with Fulham and why it didn’t work for them. On paper it looked like they built a decent team.

But what I do know is we have no choice but to spend big to have a chance of staying up.

So yes in terms of spending we will be doing a Fulham. Hopefully the key difference is what we do in the pitch. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, dubbs said:

After signing Wesley I wonder who our "completely out of left field" signing will be today 🤫

Jeremy Corbyn? 😂

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 4

Just read that whilst our level of interest in Tyrone Mings is high, the rumour is not to expect him to sign any time soon.

I just guessing, but I reckon this is starting to feel like a bigger club may be in for him and we are just on the back burner for now.

Wild speculation at its best of course