Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

3 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Love how Villa have not mentioned its a record breaking fee because we know we are going to smash it again in the next few days.....

When Butland signs

For my own part, it’s because I don’t know that it is record breaking. Don’t know how much we ultimately paid for Bent, not 100% on the fee for this signing either (I’m going with £22m approx.).

Just need to now buy:

Butland - £20m

Mings - £20m

Hause - £3m

Another Centre Back - £10-20m

Targett or other Left back - £10m

Phillips - £14m

Bowen or other right side forward - £20m

Lolley - £10m 

Just another approx. £110m to spend and we're done :flag:

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

—————————Wesley———————

Benrahma———Grealish———Bowen

—————Phillips——McGinn—————

No El Ghazi?

4 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Just need to now buy:

Butland - £20m

Mings - £20m

Hause - £3m

Phillips - £14m

Lolley - £10m 

Mings and Hause aside I think the rest are where we’ve got it completely wrong and are only even mentioning these players due to the desperation of the media to create speculation. 

Whilst i’d be happy if we signed those players , today’s signing has shown there are just so many players out there we simply have no clue who we could be bringing in this summer.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

No El Ghazi?

I like El Ghazi but he’s still hit and miss for me. Has all the attributes to be a very good player but for now, I think we should be signing two wingers with Jota and El Ghazi competing with them. 

1 minute ago, villarocker said:

Just need to now buy:

Butland - £20m

Mings - £20m

Hause - £3m

Phillips - £14m

Lolley - £10m 

Liking this.  Think you are missing a back up right back - Kane on a free? - a young ACM to challenge Jack and McGinn and compete with Henry as first change - Bayliss (£3m) or Aribo (£7m) - and a second striker (£10-20m).  Maybe replace Lolley with the young Cordoban kid and save £6m there on your estimate??  

14 minutes ago, Spoony said:

He also used one of those squiggly line things. I don’t even know how to do that on my keyboard. Must be Prince William himself.

How the other half live, ay?

I, on the other hand, have just successfully flicked a bogey straight into my MacDonald’s brown paper bag. I know who’s living better here!

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

—————————Wesley———————

Benrahma———Grealish———Bowen

—————Phillips——McGinn—————

Tasty front 5 with threats from all over.  Deano tends to go 4-3-3 though and not 4-2-3-1, although personally, like you, I would like to see Jack play off the "9".

2 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

How the other half live, ay?

I, on the other hand, have just successfully flicked a bogey straight into my MacDonald’s brown paper bag. I know who’s living better here!

You can afford McDonalds???  What i'd give to upgrade from spaghetti hoops!

I'm not sure where the Dunk rumour comes from because surely even Brighton could charge an absolute fortune for him, at least until they get relegated.  I remember watching his old man break his leg for Horsham in the mid-90s which I guess makes me depressingly middle-aged now.  At the end of the day I'm pretty sure only Suso, Purslow and Smith have any idea who we are signing so I'm just going to sit back and watch the madness roll on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm not sure where the Dunk rumour comes from because surely even Brighton could charge an absolute fortune for him, at least until they get relegated.  I remember watching his old man break his leg for Horsham in the mid-90s which I guess makes me depressingly middle-aged now.  At the end of the day I'm pretty sure only Suso, Purslow and Smith have any idea who we are signing so I'm just going to sit back and watch the madness roll on.

There’s talk of 30m which is a small fortune for Brighton. 

2 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

You can afford McDonalds???  What i'd give to upgrade from spaghetti hoops!

I’ve ran out of likes to like this. So instead, i’ll tell you that I sold my daughters walking boots to buy this Big Mac meal. Well, I called them ‘walking boots’, it’s easier to say than ‘prosthetic feet’. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

There’s talk of 30m which is a small fortune for Brighton. 

Is it really?  I get the impression that even lower PL teams have wealth we couldn't really imagine a few years ago.  We really got relegated at the wrong time and have quite a lot of catching up to do.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Is it really?  I get the impression that even lower PL teams have wealth we couldn't really imagine a few years ago.  We really got relegated at the wrong time and have quite a lot of catching up to do.

You’re probably right. I’m not sure they’ve spent much last 2 seasons either. What they doing with all that money! 

Edit: just checked and they’ve actually spent over 100 million net in the last 2 seasons. It’s become the norm.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa