Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Yeah but how does Villa Report know anything? Are they ITK? I'll wait for club 

Not an ITK but a very good follow on twitter as they tweet everything relating villa, alot of stuff from foreign outlets, l'equipe, get French football etc

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, tomaspg said:

Getting the feeling we are going to get stomped next season with the players were linked with. As long as we have a solid team to take us straight up afterwards i guess its fine. But the pessimist in me seriously doubts its going to be a fun season to watch 😁 

I know what you mean. I’m optimistic for the season ahead, but unless we bring in some more ‘higher level’ players than the ones we’re being linked to (yeah, yeah, I know, they’re mostly rumours), then it could be a long season.

When we got promoted, I felt like we would be favourites of the 3 promoted sides to stay up. Just because we probably have a bigger pull for potential new players, whereas Norwich and Sheff Utd are just teams full of good Championship players. Then, when we get linked to lots of good Championship players, I feel like it could put us level pegging with those two.

I hope Smith & Suso assemble a good squad, and I have faith in them to do as well as they did in January. But if the majority of our starting eleven are proven at Championship level and not at a top league (in any major footballing country), then there’s a risk that it might not click and we could be facing an uphill battle to stay up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave J said:

I did say if the wages were alright - 80k is clearly not alright.

Daniel Sturridge is in my opinion an exceptionally talented footballer whose career has been blighted by injury - and I acknowledge Klop has at times questioned his desire - however I do feel he is a Smith type footballer and maybe he might just fancy one last hurrah at the place where it all began for him?

Totally disagree that he is a Smith type footballer. He doesn’t work anywhere near hard enough for the team. 

44 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

That’s the beauty of VillaReport, they just report all Villa based news so you don’t have to follow hundreds of news outlets and filter out the none Villa related stuff. He just tweets what he reads and puts the source there.

I’m glad that’s settled and we will never have to explain this again.

Feel the word report must mean something completely different than what I associate it with. 

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Feel the word report must mean something completely different than what I associate it with. 

I think we’ve probably exhausted this subject now, but the definition of ‘report’ is “give a spoken or written account of something that one has observed”

13 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I really don't mean to be rude, but if you're so strictly opposed to speculation and rumor, one might suggest you don't frequent the speculation thread so much.

• Like 2

Do your diligence on their sources. 

Chose the believe what you want. 

They're just a Aston Villa related news feed. Never claimed anything else. 

Besides transfer roumers they post other interesting and entertaining snippets related to Villa. 

I'm glad someone else is skimming thru foreign news. Sometimes the local press picks things up quicker. 

3 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

I really don't mean to be rude, but if you're so strictly opposed to speculation and rumor, one might suggest you don't frequent the speculation thread so much.

It was said in jest. I obviously picked up after 5 posts that he just spams any article he comes across. Just amusing to me cause I associate report with something slightly more based upon accurate real life things. Just a language thing I guess

• Like 1