Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

2 minutes ago, DamsonwoodVillan said:

Chester is crocked now. He won't be able to cope with 25+ Premier League games. 

Great servant to the club, only has one year to go anyway. He'll stay as we'll need four first team centre backs in this league 

really, we will have Mings plus another CB we havent signed yet, then Hause as main backup, and Chester as secondary backup or low profile/cup games.

After that we would only have the kids like Revan?

Fairly reasonable i think?

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Well pretty sure he hung around when we were up the creek last year. Also on top of that he played through the pain barrier and damaged his knee possibly permanently due to playing for us because our incompetent management leaving us with no recognised centre backs, he’s earned the right to stay with us and i have every confidence if called upon he will put in a good shift.

Well I disagree. Fair play for him playing through the pain barrier but so do so many professionals at the top level in any sport. It's what you do when your earning thousands a week for doing something most would give limbs for. You can't give out contracts or make sentimental decisions based on history. 

As for whether he is good enough...that's debatable. I don't think so but yes in the short term I think he could be back up if he is fit enough. 

Edited by avfc1982am

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

We need to get quality into that midfield. Nowhere near strong enough there.

El Ghazi Grealish McGinn Jota in a 4141 is great. We need a CDM and hopefully Hourihane is backup not starting. Other than that what you talking about? Cover?

• Like 1

Just now, regular_john said:

Assuming we could manage his undoubtedly astronomical wages, thoughts on Sturridge on a free?

He's been done to death on here and rumour sites but for me absolutely not

• Like 3

We won't be signing Maupay. Limited budget, can't spend another £20m on a striker when we have no DMs, and still need a keeper and centre halves.

Although, Smith is so crazy he just might do it.

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Who knows, but people are already talking like he is the star and there's little reason to add to the forward line.  It's not impossible at all he's another Soldado, Kezman, Jo or Alfonso Alves. 

I genuinly think Deano is good at this stuff, but pretending it's not a high uncertainty in regards to how these players will handle the PL with completely new relations, that's naive to me. 

Like most others I love some foreign buys cause you don't really know what you're getting, but it's a long season, suspensions, injuries, bad form. I think it's reasonable to discuss it at least and not pretend we have a first 11 that's all that yet (for all we know). Maybe Guilbert and Wesley will be stupid good. Maybe. I don't know. I just can't say we got a decent team for preseason before we adress more positions. Hause and Jota are not starters for me  so that's a CB, winger and DMC before I can even think it's starting to take shape. 

We all see this differently anyway 

All possible, I just don't think it's very, very, likely he'll flop. The not knowing in a negative sense for Wesley and Guilbert is just as likely as a positive surprise from Jota or Hause.

Very fine lines and at this point I see no reason to assume a flop over assuming a pleasant surprise. I also think Smith will create a team which is more than the sum of it's parts. I'm following with interest the rebuild because even just in terms of numbers it's significant. That said for the first time ever since we last won the serious stuff I think we've got the off field stuff right and so I'm sure we'll get Smith what he needs.

47 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

We won't be signing Maupay. Limited budget, can't spend another £20m on a striker when we have no DMs, and still need a keeper and centre halves.

*edit, nevermind

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

2 hours ago, regular_john said:

Assuming we could manage his undoubtedly astronomical wages, thoughts on Sturridge on a free?

He's a self-absorbed bell end, and I can't see DS going for it. The rumour originated with The Sun. Their Aston Villa Twitter feed suggests they aren't exactly experts on what's going on at Villa Park:

So yeah, probably a boring bullshit rumour, and I hope it doesn't turn out to be true.

4 hours ago, KMitch said:

Went on a YouTube spiral of Egypt International highlights from this year...  His style of play is just like Salah's, minus the touch, finishing, and class.  He is a hard worker, is just as fast as Salah, loves to dribble past defenders and make them look silly, but his finishing is absolutely horrible.  He seems to be an intelligent footballer, but he just doesn't have the touch to do what he wants to do most of the time.  That said, most of Egypt's team is hilariously bad and when Salah isn't on the pitch, Egypt's team looks like a clown car circus.  Salah looks like he is playing with a bunch of Sunday Leaguers at times, but he does link up the best with Trezeguet.  They both draw defenders away from the other and tend to provide each other with 2-3 solid chances every match.  Trezeguet's chances are much more clear cut and he tends to hit them straight at the keeper or miss the far post completely.  For 10 Million, he's a gamble.  If he works hard on the training ground on his finishing and first touch, he could be a solid mid-table Premier League footballer.  Right now?  He's not a 10 million pound player.  WAAAAAY too raw for the Premier League at this point.  

Yeah, I didn't see anything in the vid that gave me a boner. Is Sawiris behind this interest? Or Elmo, or both?

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

20 mill for a 25 goal season striker, I think he can bring it and think Smith should bring him in. For the price I doubt we would get better.

Sort that then we can move into midfield and bring a few in there which I agree it's needed.

We still have abit of time till end of the window, expecting five or more players still to join.

It's exciting for once..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

And you're an expert 😂😂😂😂 how lovely of you to spread your negativity

I’m certainly no expert. I know no more than anyone on here! That quote isn’t me being negative at all and I’m not sure how you’d take that from it. It’s a simple fact mate.