Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

22 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Loved watching him last night, reminded me of Everton at home when he was up and down all night.

Needs more coaching but there's a player there who can develop more next season. Keep him and give AEM another 12 months and right back is one position we don't have to worry about.

Surely it’s just AE? 

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

For me id have to sell elmo now as he is getting on and we need a right back to challenge guilbert 

Disagree Dem. Agree that we need someone to push him & Fred, but we'd get bugger all for him and he seems to be a great guy in the dressing room and around the club. If he's still content with making 10-15 appearances next season across all competitions keep him around. If he wants regular football, then look to move him on. 

• Like 1

There’s something about this guy, love his passion and he’s great bombing forward, a bit suspect defensively at times but we would have to spend 10 million to get anything better and there’s more important areas to strengthen for next season.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

There’s something about this guy, love his passion and he’s great bombing forward, a bit suspect defensively at times but we would have to spend 10 million to get anything better and there’s more important areas to strengthen for next season.

He's the new Elmo. Replace with better - and make this squad solid. 

4 hours ago, Hornso said:

Disagree Dem. Agree that we need someone to push him & Fred, but we'd get bugger all for him and he seems to be a great guy in the dressing room and around the club. If he's still content with making 10-15 appearances next season across all competitions keep him around. If he wants regular football, then look to move him on. 

Yeah we wont get much but i think we need better than Elmo  next season thats for sure. Clyne would be a great addition if he could stay fit. 

Given the need for attacking players I simply don't see us signing two new fullbacks, if we bring in one I'd say cover at LB is far more pressing. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/07/2020 at 07:57, AVFCDAN said:

10m, as we've seen, is a risky figure when it comes to signing players - it's not a guaranteed upgrade on Guilbert, in my opinion. 

Fred is a fighter, we need fighters. While he has made mistakes he doesn't stand there with hands on hips just watching. He gives everything to make amends. 

All players make mistakes, its how you recover from them. When he first came, he was galloping up the pitch gung-ho and then breaking his neck getting back if the ball was lost.

He like the other defensive players, held position far more at the end of the season, so I can only presume the order previously was support the attack as much as possible.

• Like 1

Had a solid enough first season, started off really well and seemed to lose his way along with the rest of the squad through the middle of the campaign, came back strong though in the final couple of games when it mattered.

Helped to send us to Wembley with the goal away at Leicester. I have a feeling he might really kick on next season.

• Like 3

Â