Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

On 22/09/2022 at 07:21, CVByrne said:

He's not good enough compared to Cash / Young or Chambers for the RB slot. I'm sure he had plenty of offers to leave this summer but didn't want to take a pay cut and that's his choice. 

But of course, everything is Gerrards fault to a sizable majority of VT. All bad things = Gerrard is the cause even Guilbert not being good enough and not wanting to leave and take a pay cut.

I didn't even mention Gerrard :D 

Edit:  Also, where has it been said he wanted to leave but not take a pay cut?

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Wasn’t even in the squad picture 

I don't think there's any need for stuff like this.

It's the sort of childishness you read about AVB when he was trying to get players to leave. Told Anelka he couldn't use the car park and stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Let’s not jump ahead.. if ANOTHER coach comes in and still no Freddie, maybe we need to accept that not everything is as it seems with him. Or that maybe he just isn’t very good.
I’d refuse to believe that three coaches could get it wrong, and a loan team not deciding to take him on a permanent deal… 

Of course this is mostly me speculating, but I think what happened with Freddie is nothing more than just case of a Gerrard never considering him an option and when he refused to dropped his wages to find another club, he ends up completely frozen out. 

I mean, there's already a group of players who've played more important roles at the club prior to Gerrard being dumped out at the first opportunity than Guilbert. Targett, Traore, El Ghazi, Trezeguet were all part of the previous regime and are now all gone in one way shape or form and you can't tell me they are much worse than our current more expensive, big name options. They all decided to leave once the writing was on the wall but Guilbert refused to and this is the result.

Club posted highlights of our home win against Brighton first season back a day or so ago which heavily featured Freddie, thought he might be lined up for a return. Would certainly rather see him given a shot than another CB stuck out there or a questionably fit and out-of-form Cash.

• 2 weeks later...
Â