Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

9 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

He needs to go if he is not part of the first team group. Both Villa and FG need closure. It isn't healthy.  I get that some fans have fond memories of Fred's first season but he is not helping us by staying and not playing games. 

you said he was a poor signing so now changing the opinion of why he should go

17 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He was amazing that night, loads of Delaney style slide tackles near the end. Also set up a goal for El Ghazi v Burnley with a lovely cross.

Then lost his way a bit like Engels from a bright start and just reverted to occasional starter. Did he actually play for us again after covid hit, you're talking about nearly three years so well overdue he's moving on and makes sense to go back home where he's played well on loan at two different clubs.

He played in the run in when we stayed up

5 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Correct. I think he has been. He has been here just under four years. What has he done here? Really? He has been a poor signing if we are being honest. But some fans have different views on his achievements and I respect that. I think we are lowing the bar if we are praising him for his first season (and that only). 

Well, I'd say he helped keep us up. Then he had what, two seasons where his wages were off (assuming so anyway) our books? Ideal situation would have been to move him on permanently earlier though I agree.

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He played in the run in when we stayed up

Yeah was thinking of Engels who last played in the dismal Leicester 4-0 defeat.

AEM can in for many of the post lockdown games and showed his experience in the way Young is doing now but can remember Freddie playing v Arsenal and West Ham so he did play a decent part in some of our wins in 19/20 (can also remember him being decent at home to Watford which was a huge win in the end).

34 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Daily Mail is saying that he’s agreed to cancel his contract with Vila and then join Strasbourg as a free agent. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11634673/Aston-Villa-defender-Frederic-Guilbert-close-cancelling-contract-club.html

That should save Villa a few £’s in wages. 

From the article:

«When Steven Gerrard arrived, he told me I had two weeks to prove myself but then I barely played 45 minutes.»

Typical poor manager that wants to play tough!

12 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Yet ANOTHER waste of money out for free. Good luck though Fred.

to be fair, we agreed the deal when we were in the championship in jan with a join date of the following summer. before we started our 10 game winning run. he was never meant to play in the PL

• Like 3

Â