Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

20 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

Guilbert had a successful loan spell at Strasbourg and seems more than capable.

When Cash has been out he would have been a suitable replacement.

So I suspect this is not about ability at all but about some internal team politics or there is some personal stuff that's going on. We'll never hear about it of course.

He clearly hasn't got a future here but I think that's down to something other than ability.

Same feeling that I have...  Speculating that Guilbert has burnt his bridge with the club to the point where Emery can't even have him train with the rest of the squad.  I doubt a contract raise clause per appearances is the reason why, considering we signed him when we were in the Championship, but who really knows.  

Edited by KMitch

On 07/12/2022 at 21:19, Tayls said:

Wait… is this a clue? 

BA Baracus said in the A-Team that BA stood for 'Bad Attitude' 

I'm assuming that is the meaning :)

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

Genius! Been thinking about this for days. Not knowing anything about the A Team or this chap other than the fact he was in a snickers advert… and Rocky… didn’t help. 

So Mr Guilbert has a bad attitude. I think it’s best we just cut ties completely and move on. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Genius! Been thinking about this for days. Not knowing anything about the A Team or this chap other than the fact he was in a snickers advert… and Rocky… didn’t help. 

So Mr Guilbert has a bad attitude. I think it’s best we just cut ties completely and move on. 

Oh I thought it must have been because he rocked up to the Bodymoor Heath in a tank and hit Stevie G with a snickers 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

surely if he has a bad attitude he wouldnt be allowed to be training and offering support to the younger players in the under 21 games by playing in midfield. Surely he wouldnt bother turning up if his attitude is that bad 😛 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

surely if he has a bad attitude he wouldnt be allowed to be training and offering support to the younger players in the under 21 games by playing in midfield. Surely he wouldnt bother turning up if his attitude is that bad 😛 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

On 08/12/2022 at 22:00, Tayls said:

If he has a bad attitude, he has kept it well hidden.

7 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Seen he got loads of abuse on Twitter for being happy his country won. 

saw that too...whilst i totally disagree, it's not like he only joined twitter yesterday. what was he expecting? reply after reply of "congratulations"? that place is a cesspit

Bad attitude  covers a very broad selection of traits. I was at OUFC when Danny Crowley was there. Fantastic trainer who always put the effort in.However, universally hated by staff and teammates as he thought and acted like he was better than them and wasn’t afraid to show and tell…. He was indeed individually far better technically/naturally but could never be part of a squad or successful team due to this inability to act humble… His downfall was his personality trait that’s he’s just a bit of a bellend, but not maliciously so just out of ignorant arrogance. 

Who knows what’s the issue with Guilbert. Maybe he got arrogant about his abilities ,became maybe ahead of himself and stopped putting the effort in / lost his motivation on the training pitch. He probs went from €5,000 per week up to £30,000 per week and thought he made it. 

Edited by thabucks

9 hours ago, thabucks said:

Bad attitude  covers a very broad selection of traits. I was at OUFC when Danny Crowley was there. Fantastic trainer who always put the effort in.However, universally hated by staff and teammates as he thought and acted like he was better than them and wasn’t afraid to show and tell…. He was indeed individually far better technically/naturally but could never be part of a squad or successful team due to this inability to act humble… His downfall was his personality trait that’s he’s just a bit of a bellend, but not maliciously so just out of ignorant arrogance. 

Who knows what’s the issue with Guilbert. Maybe he got arrogant about his abilities ,became maybe ahead of himself and stopped putting the effort in / lost his motivation on the training pitch. He probs went from €5,000 per week up to £30,000 per week and thought he made it. 

very interesting insight to Crowley there, thanks.

I imagine many young players who were rated highly at youth level (and the semi-prestige that holds) struggle to adapt to the fact they didnt develop as expected, and also struggle to adapt to the fact they turn out to be a lower league player, but still hold some internal belief that they were "a hot prospect" and deserve better, and struggle to let that go, i dunno, must be a tough journey to go from "the next big thing" to a career in playing League 1 or 2 for some of them.

thats not to belittle League 1/2, just an observation about a young player having to, and possibly failing to, adjust to their reality.

• 1 month later...

Leaving for free to join Strasbourg according to French press. Says we have a sell on clause thou and that we agreed to pay some of his remaining salary.

Sounds about right.

• Like 1

Â