Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Paul33 said:

On the bench for Saturday ?

START HIM now!  😛

A one-legged Mings is probably better than Hause or Chambers. 

Edited by ender4
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

I am not convinced this would be the clubs motivation to be truthful with you.

A. Do the players need a boost after Sunday ? If I had played in this game, I think my mindset would be that we were very unlucky and that we played much worse, in beating Arsenal.

B. How much of a boost can  the news of a players positive rehab have upon the group ( albeit about Ty )  who is still clearly some way off?

This is just my opinion - I could be totally miles of base 👍🏻

The club haven’t announced anything. It was just a photo of him. So my theory was definitely wrong.

1 hour ago, MapleVilla said:

I've been following him on insta. He's definitely mobile and obviously working on his strength/mobility. But I think he's some way off actually being out and running around with the boys. He's usually got something attached to him on some of the "regular" exercises like the bike or when he's in the pool.

Yes, I would still be surprised if we saw him back this season but it would be a very pleasant surprise.

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

I know I'm replying late but I assume it's about maintaining coordination whilst his leg still isn't strong enough to play with the ball.

I imagine it also has to do with not putting the extra force of actually hitting the ball on the injured leg while still being able to regain full function and proper form.

Just wondering about aligning this with the recovery of Diego Carlos when he had his bad injury, albeit different injuries.

Carlos was back training with the ball for quite awhile perhaps up to four weeks, then for a few weeks he had behind doors and training matches with the U21's.

It's possible if all goes well Mings might make an appearance around April, would be great to see and what a bonus to have him back in the squad/team.

• Like 2

Villa have missed him on set pieces.

Just wonder the very slight chance of making the Euros has pushed his recovery?

3 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I just realized it’s already been 7 months since the injury. Makes sense as to why he’s back. There will be no rush back but I’d be surprised if we don’t see him before the end of the season.

It’s been 6 months but I’d love to see him at VP before the season is out.

• Like 1

Unexpected, wonderful news completely overshadowed by "The Letter".

I really hope he's healed up enough to start training. There will be pressure to hurry him back into the team, but I hope everyone just takes it slow and steady.

12 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Probably will take at least 6 weeks if things go to plan and then what a player to have back for the end of the season!

i think 6 weeks is probably a tad optimistic. i'm not expecting to see him until the last 2/3 games of the season at the earliest. he won't be rushed back.

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i think 6 weeks is probably a tad optimistic. i'm not expecting to see him until the last 2/3 games of the season at the earliest. he won't be rushed back.

Yeah agreed hence why I mentioned at least. Will be great to see him back when he is ready👍

• Like 1

Great to see Tyrone making his way back to fitness, although the ‘news’ was just a picture of him in his training gear (that Romano jumped on and added his own statement of obviousness, of course he’s hopeful of being fit as soon as possible!).

The thought of having Mings back to reinforce and lead us through the last month of our campaign is a good one. He could just make all the difference.

8 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Interesting how it was said Mings injury was worse than Buendia yet he has progressed quicker to this point. 

Has he progressed quicker? Buendia has been training at bodymoor for some time I thought. 

Â