Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Just now, villarule123 said:

So what stage is he at then? Close to full training? Already full training? Could be playing soonish?

I can't believe this, out of the blue.

If I had to guess I reckon it’s going to be a while yet and the club have probably made the announcement today to give everybody boost after a pretty shit week.

• Like 1

It's absolutely awesome to have him back in with the rest of the team but let's not get too excited, he could easily still be a good 2-3 months away.

Edited by AV82

52 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Wont be back till early April I’d imagine. Still amazing 

Any point in April would be a real boost for me. It would be great to have Tyrone & Buendia back available for the last few games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Hang on. Just realised the club hasn’t announced anything!!

I'm inferring that he's been in solo, light, non-contact training. The progression from there can still be months before being back on the pitch, but that would usually be worst case scenario for someone back in the earliest stages of fitness training. So I do think we'll see him before the end of the season

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Not sure if Fab is just trying to tap in here but surely not a return to training already??

Maybe there have been recent strides in repairing ligament damage. Aaron Rogers returned like 5 months early from an achilles rupture. 

But it could also be more about light work return and it's still 3-4 months away. 

I've been following him on insta. He's definitely mobile and obviously working on his strength/mobility. But I think he's some way off actually being out and running around with the boys. He's usually got something attached to him on some of the "regular" exercises like the bike or when he's in the pool.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If I had to guess I reckon it’s going to be a while yet and the club have probably made the announcement today to give everybody boost after a pretty shit week.

I am not convinced this would be the clubs motivation to be truthful with you.

A. Do the players need a boost after Sunday ? If I had played in this game, I think my mindset would be that we were very unlucky and that we played much worse, in beating Arsenal.

B. How much of a boost can  the news of a players positive rehab have upon the group ( albeit about Ty )  who is still clearly some way off?

This is just my opinion - I could be totally miles of base 👍🏻

A week or two of training on his own at Bodymoor, then a week or two of starting to train with the players, I'd guess if things go well we could see him back on the bench toward the end of March - which is really positive.

• Like 1

Â