Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

54 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I'm feeling the absence of Tyrone (and Emi Buendia) more than ever right now. We need them. We needed them tonight.

Ty and Buendia were believers. They rarely let heads drop around them. 

After the first goal, we got extremely rattled along the lines and we missed Ty’s booming voice to pull it together. Pau has a different sort of calmness in composing the side but in a hostile environment, we needed Ty’s composure. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

“I’m never washing my hands now” 😂

”we beat Man City”

To be fair I’m a grown man and send the pic of me and Tyrone to people all the time. 

I mean I’ve washed since then, but

On 20/12/2023 at 17:01, nick76 said:

Yeah he wasn’t impressed and said it was more about self indulgence than anything else.

There is always a danger, it will get interpreted that way, by some folk....depends on how much someone, trys to find fault, and what influences that...strange, because Simon says a lot of nice things about us.

Comes back to how much someone, wants to interpret it that way.

I like Tyrone and I like Simon, from a distance, because, I don't really know them, intimately.

I will still like Ty, and ignore Simons comments on this.....and continue liking both of them.

Edited by TRO

On 27/12/2023 at 02:21, maqroll said:

I'm feeling the absence of Tyrone (and Emi Buendia) more than ever right now. We need them. We needed them tonight.

me too.

• Like 2

It will be worth paying the exorbitant price increase of next seasons ticket to see Tyrone walk back on the pitch at VP for his first home game back at the Villa...

On 10/12/2023 at 07:06, Mark Albrighton said:

There’s the videos posted in this thread above, Tyrone’s own progress reports. Top of this page.

In terms of watching games, he doesn’t appear to be in attendance as much as Emi, possibly because he’s been in the US for treatment. But he was there watching the Mostar game.

There’s another photo which shows Emi sat in the row in front of him. 

Well worth the wait for the royal.... yep, and I'm sure William enjoyed it too.

• Haha 1

It’s so heartwarming to see him back on his feet and active again… was a terrible injury and I can still recall the amount of pain he was in when it happened…

I think Emi will be back sooner than expected… he’s been working hard at Bodymoor for a while now… what a boost that will be…

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

It’s so heartwarming to see him back on his feet and active again… was a terrible injury and I can still recall the amount of pain he was in when it happened…

I think Emi will be back sooner than expected… he’s been working hard at Bodymoor for a while now… what a boost that will be…

I remember in the ratings and reactions thread the overall sense was that people weren't bothered about the result. Just absolutely gutted for him especially after coming on the back of losing Emi 2 days before.

Every time the press/media hark back to the 5-1 opening day loss thats all I think about - not the score.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I remember in the ratings and reactions thread the overall sense was that people weren't bothered about the result. Just absolutely gutted for him especially after coming on the back of losing Emi 2 days before.

Every time the press/media hark back to the 5-1 opening day loss thats all I think about - not the score.

Yep, same here…

the game, result, performance, whatever… became an irrelevance… and the recovery of the team, fairly shortly after, was and has been astounding…

Ty is one of the current players deserving of legend-like status for the part he has played in our revival and rise and how well he is integrated and embedded into… essentially, the fabric of the club.. he’s always represented us in such a positive way too… such a respectable and likeable figure…

It hurt… and seeing him in so much pain while realising he would be out for a long time for and at the beginning of our most anticipated PL season (in terms of positivity, hope, faith, belief etc. since promotion at least and our first full season under Unai the master) in which we expected him to play a massive part, having qualified for Europe too… an achievement he played a massive part in and earned… for him to miss out on all that…

was a major blow… a real shock and concern…

it shook up the players too..

But, whenever I think of that and include the injuries to Emi, JJ and Moreno…

I just want to passionately applaud and praise Unai for overcoming and kind of “moving past” such huge and significant setbacks… I’m confident in saying that none of our previous managers would have managed it half aswell and it would have completely derailed us… we would normally have withered away and continually suffered (something we’ve gotten used to over the years)…

But no, not under Unai - this is the pedigree of the manager and the man who far exceeds any previous incumbent that I, at least, have ever witnessed… and he never makes any excuses… the dignity and class (as well as ability) of the guy is immense…

How he’s managed to get and keep us at the top of the table despite all that is incredible…

while his opposite numbers continue to aggressively and continually moan, rant, complain and cry foul over anything and everything while inflating their egos…

What a guy 

👏

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

Â