Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I remember in the ratings and reactions thread the overall sense was that people weren't bothered about the result. Just absolutely gutted for him especially after coming on the back of losing Emi 2 days before.

Every time the press/media hark back to the 5-1 opening day loss thats all I think about - not the score.

Yeah I genuinely didn’t care about the result, as mad as that is. I was worried about Ty. That injury to him hurt more than the result.

• Like 4

I'm a bit worried we won't see the best of him again. He's 31 and big injuries take there toll at the latter ages. Looks pretty fit, but as we know it's a completely different story once your on that pitch.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/01/2024 at 06:07, foreveryoung said:

I'm a bit worried we won't see the best of him again. He's 31 and big injuries take there toll at the latter ages. Looks pretty fit, but as we know it's a completely different story once your on that pitch.

I’m optimistic. I’d be more worried with a midfielder or striker, but I don’t think he particularly relies on a turn of pace (which is the main thing injuries tend to ruin) and he obviously looks after himself well. Plus he doesn’t have a lot of miles in those legs for a 31 year old.

And he’s come back from bad injuries in the past.

The good thing is we have enough quality at CB to not rush him back or overwork him.

13 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I’m optimistic. I’d be more worried with a midfielder or striker, but I don’t think he particularly relies on a turn of pace (which is the main thing injuries tend to ruin) and he obviously looks after himself well. Plus he doesn’t have a lot of miles in those legs for a 31 year old.

And he’s come back from bad injuries in the past.

The good thing is we have enough quality at CB to not rush him back or overwork him.

Only thing I’d say is to use caution when saying he’s come back from major injuries before. You’re talking injuries that occurred when he was 22/24. It’s very different coming back from a significant knee injury at 22 vs 31.

That being said. I have faith we’ll get at least another 1 or 2 years of Mings proving to be a valuable asset for us.

2 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Looks recovered to me, bring him back in the fold, we are massively missing him.

Miss his leadership too. Without Konsa, Ty or Pau, that back line is rudderless. 

Edited by DJBOB
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, DJBOB said:

Miss his leadership too. Without Konsa, Ty or Pau, that back line is rudderless. 

Hugely missed. Wasn't noticed so much when we had pau and konsa playing cbs but apart from Martinez and Mcginn we have no leaders. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chicken Field said:

Van Dijk got a similar injury at a similar'ish age. He was pretty poor the entire first season back but has bounced back to his close to best now. It'll take time for Mings to fully recover. 

Was he that poor or was that mainly down to Liverpool's non-existent midfield.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chicken Field said:

Van Dijk got a similar injury at a similar'ish age. He was pretty poor the entire first season back but has bounced back to his close to best now. It'll take time for Mings to fully recover. 

51 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Was he that poor or was that mainly down to Liverpool's non-existent midfield.

I think he was exposed more by the aging midfield, and didn't have the sharpness to cope with it. A combination of the two I guess. He definitely wasn't as good as he was prior to injury though. 

If Mings comes back into a fully functioning team, he'll still have moments of rustiness, and we should still have patience with him if he does. I think he can get back to his best though as his mentality is second to none.

• Like 2

Â