Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

On 07/04/2024 at 08:45, Nigel said:

Watching all 3 of those goals back from yesterday I cant help but feel ty would have been there for all of them.

Shows just what we have missed all season. 

He would at least have had them organised.

• Like 2

On 11/04/2024 at 22:21, mykeyb said:

I think we have missed him organising the back 4, the stats say it all.

What you mean the stats that say we’re top 5 and in the quarter finals in Europe without him? 

39 minutes ago, WHY said:

Hopefully him and Buendia are back by October will give the squad a boost. 

Unless I've missed something, won't they be back by August?

On 12/04/2024 at 20:23, NeilS said:

I would think they are back for pre-season training, aren’t they?

If I had to guess, based on the information and images made public - Buendia fairly likely, Mings less likely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 13/04/2024 at 05:23, NeilS said:

I would think they are back for pre-season training, aren’t they?

Mings still looks a fair way off, from the X snippets he was doing a lot of ancillary (support/agility) work in the gym and the run throughs were very low intensity. They will be building up his running volume over the next 12 weeks and slowly increasing the intensity, still looks about 16 weeks away before normal training. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/04/2024 at 19:40, Mantis said:

Unless I've missed something, won't they be back by August?

I think he may be saying that even after they get " fit " it will take them time to even get back into the rhythm of competetive football.

Remember even then, the psychological side of recovering from injury, and being afraid of getting injured like that again ( PTSD ) takes a toll.

Look at how long it took Leon Bailey to even trust his body again with even less severe injuries.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think he may be saying that even after they get " fit " it will take them time to even get back into the rhythm of competetive football.

Remember even then, the psychological side of recovering from injury, and being afraid of getting injured like that again ( PTSD ) takes a toll.

Look at how long it took Leon Bailey to even trust his body again with even less severe injuries.

Mings has had bad injuries in the past that hurt his career. Think he be OK

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Mings has had bad injuries in the past that hurt his career. Think he be OK

Agreed. Of all the players, I suspect Ty is the best prepared mentally to bounce back; both from previous experience and a very strong will to play and perform.

• 2 weeks later...

Worst things that can happen to a player after such a long injury is them not trusting their body anymore and playing a bit reserved afraid of picking up another bad one.

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

Worst things that can happen to a player after such a long injury is them not trusting their body anymore and playing a bit reserved afraid of picking up another bad one.

I expect that happens for a little while but eventually they'll just get on with it. In the heat of a game as well I suspect you're just reacting to the play and don't really have much time to think about your body unless it's actually hurting you at the time you're playing. 

Â