Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

It makes you wonder, how they ever come back from these injuries....Respect to the medics and all concerned.

Sure, they get big money.....but it's not all roses, these guys get their unfair share of adversity...and it tests their resolve.

It must be a hard road to Navigate......I wish him well, and hope he is back as soon as possible.

The team misses him for sure.....His worth, is not in any doubt, to me.

We are all behind him and Emi, for a full recovery....I hope they are given plenty of time, despite our need for them both.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, DJBOB said:

With ACL and cartilage damage, good chance we don't see him until 2025? Sounds like a more serious injury than Buendia.

Until 24/25 for sure. Whether it is 2025 proper or more like 2nd international break we don't know until we can get a real time line. Buendia should be back around the end fo this season. 

8 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Buzzing as I am, I do feel sad for Mings and Buendia to be missing out on all this from a player’s perspective. 

Has anyone heard anything more recent about how Mings is doing? We've seen Buendia hanging out with the team for the past couple matches but I don't think I've seen any video of Mings at a match in months.

3 hours ago, TomC said:

Has anyone heard anything more recent about how Mings is doing? We've seen Buendia hanging out with the team for the past couple matches but I don't think I've seen any video of Mings at a match in months.

There’s the videos posted in this thread above, Tyrone’s own progress reports. Top of this page.

In terms of watching games, he doesn’t appear to be in attendance as much as Emi, possibly because he’s been in the US for treatment. But he was there watching the Mostar game.

There’s another photo which shows Emi sat in the row in front of him. 

On 05/12/2023 at 17:32, DJBOB said:

With ACL and cartilage damage, good chance we don't see him until 2025? Sounds like a more serious injury than Buendia.

I did exactly the same about 15 years ago and the recovery time was 9-12 months. So I’m expecting him back at the start of next season (hopefully getting a full preseason in first).

I don’t think the cartilage damage is much of a problem beyond some extra pain / swelling for the first couple of weeks.

• Thanks 3

For whatever reason Buendia is projected to be back Feb 24 and Mings June 24 on transfermarkt. How they come up with this I don't know. 

I think Ty will struggle to get into team next year ahead of Pau but he'll get plenty of games as we'll need to rotate more if we have CL as we can't field back up players in Europe like we can in ECL. I just want him back and fully recovered, hopefully he can play with Pau in a back 3

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Jas10 said:

They played this on talkSPORT this morning, and I think Simon Jordan said something of a derogatory nature about it did not catch the full interview, can anyone shed any light. Disappointed with Jordan as he usually usually pretty much bang on.

Edited by Follyfoot

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

They played this on talkSPORT this morning, and I think Simon Jordan was some sort of derogatory about it did not catch the full interview, but can anyone shed any light. Disappointed with Jordan as he usually usually pretty much bang on.

Yeah he wasn’t impressed and said it was more about self indulgence than anything else.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Two things are for certain:

1. His return to playing at VP will be unbelievably emotional 
2. His life after football will be something else - he has a skills set that is beyond most other footballers 

The Return of the Mings 

spacer.png

Amazing watching that last video, clearly the size of the leg muscles are greatly reduced in comparison to the other fully functioning leg.

It's actually incredible.

If you don't use it, you lose it.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

Â