Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

I dont think he would leave out of choice to be honest. I think would be more gerrard and the club.

On one hand i think god he makss so many mistakes that cost us goals from a real lack of concentration. 

But then in the other he is a leader on the pitch and he really is mr aston villa. He does love this club none of us can deny that. 

6 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

What’s that? A serial winner? Unfortunately you don’t get points in games for playing really nice people.

We’d be out of our minds to turn down 30m for Ty when we could roll that (+ another 20m) into a young elite European level defender.  He will always be remembered fondly for helping us get up and stabilise but he’s played his part now.

30m???? glad you're not in charge pal

until recently he's been an england regular and is his club's captain. these do not go for 30m quid.

put a 30m price tag on him and probably you'd probably have most teams in the PL bidding for him

he's had an amazing season. our best CB by far. he's still playing his part, it's not past tense.

i'm 100% confident that he'll still be an AVFC player and captain on Aug 6th

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

30m???? glad you're not in charge pal

until recently he's been an england regular and is his club's captain. these do not go for 30m quid.

put a 30m price tag on him and probably you'd probably have most teams in the PL bidding for him

he's had an amazing season. our best CB by far. he's still playing his part, it's not past tense.

i'm 100% confident that he'll still be an AVFC player and captain on Aug 6th

No way he is captain come the first game of the season. I will bet you 100 quid with money going to charity?

He could also be sold however I suspect Mings is the kind of person to stay and fight for his place

Edited by Anything11

Letting him go without seeing how new signings play in the premier would be a huge risk. He's not a perfect CB but he's as close as we're gonna get until we are top 6.

We have been here before with new signings and it they never seem to hit the ground running. Ming's stays for me, of he goes we risk finishing in a lower position than this season. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Cannot see him going to Newcastle. Can you imagine their record on human rights sitting well with such an intelligent man who has made a stand before for LGBT inclusion ? I know money talks but he is a different animal to most footballers . He can make a stand and debate it 

He’ll take the 100k a week x 4 year contract  like everyone else in football would. 

• Like 2

Sure, he'll make the odd mistake - the life of a CB isn't it? Mistakes are highlighted as they usually lead to a goal.

But he also gives everything and will save us from conceding (ala Burnley stop). He's a model pro and conducts himself well on behalf of the club. He's an England International (not this summer though :( ). We'd be silly to sell him this summer when we're obviously looking to push up the table.

• Like 3

I like Mings and would be disappointed if we sold him. Ontop of being a good player he appears to be an excellent bloke from the outside looking in and is surely someone who other players look up to. 

The biggest thing with Mings is that he doesn't really lead by example on the pitch and I imagine Gerrard will want a captain that does. Then it all generally depends on Mings' ego. He may want to leave if he's stripped of the captaincy. We'll see. 

I am sure he wants to play at the World Cup - who wouldn't? - so he needs a strong start to the season. Even if he's not in the squad now, injuries, loss of form in others, or his own form and experience could get him on the plane. As much as I am sure he loves the club - this must be on his mind, and play a major part in his decision. 

Maybe Mings just need some more competition to take away his errors. I think he will improve when under pressure. And I also see no point in getting rid of players that has been in our starting 11 all season when getting in even better players (hopefully). We should keep our starting 11s when we improve the team and rather get rid of those who have not been good enough for the team this season. That's the way of improving a squad.

1 hour ago, Anything11 said:

No way he is captain come the first game of the season. I will bet you 100 quid with money going to charity?

He could also be sold however I suspect Mings is the kind of person to stay and fight for his place

yep - charity of the winner's choice yeah?

1 minute ago, DeepDish said:

Maybe Mings just need some more competition to take away his errors. I think he will improve when under pressure. And I also see no point in getting rid of players that has been in our starting 11 all season when getting in even better players (hopefully). We should keep our starting 11s when we improve the team and rather get rid of those who have not been good enough for the team this season. That's the way of improving a squad.

I think the opposite. Being first choice when fit relieves any pressure and as we know pressure can increase mistakes. 

Competition will possibly increase his workrate and determination but will not cut his mistakes out ( in my opinion) 

Just now, MWARLEY2 said:

I think the opposite. Being first choice when fit relieves any pressure and as we know pressure can increase mistakes. 

Competition will possibly increase his workrate and determination but will not cut his mistakes out ( in my opinion) 

It's probably an individual thing. I think (and then I'm speaking from a personal experience) that pressure makes you desperate to not make mistakes. Meaning you hoof the ball away in difficult situations instead of spending too much time on the ball and ending up losing it or sending it to a team make who ends up in a bad position/situation. But we will see how this unfolds.

4 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He's openly admitted feeling intense pressure starting for England and looked faultless for them. 

“It always feels like you're on trial here in a good way because the talent and players that are coming through is so vast. That's not something to be necessarily scared by or threatened by. I think it's really healthy and I think we will see the benefits of that on the pitch.”

Although Carlos played as LCB, I believe he's right footed, so I could see Carlos coming in to play with Mings. I imagine it might have been a situation where both Sevilla CBs are right footed. 

But if we sign Tarkovsky too, then there'll be more questions for sure.

I think Mings has been pretty great this season. I'm a big fan. He was pretty heavily heavily involved in City's winner, but the bigger picture is more positive.

3 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

The same way Cavani is a racist? He said a term of endearment the equivalent of like Bro, or my guy. Yeah it was dumb. But come on. 

Suarez did not say a term of endearment towards Evra

Â