Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

I may be going against the grain here but I think he'll be replaced as captain in the summer. Whether he moves on, I'm not convinced Gerrard is convinced by Mings. Not that he has done anything wrong but just a feeling. 

21 minutes ago, Indigo said:

3000 likes lol. Stay classy.

I hope this Harry lad doesn't post on here, so it's not post on poster if I call him a word removed.

Nice of him to reply to the other one and be willing to pop in to say hello. The sad thing is it didn't get much traction in terms of likes/retweets so there's a good chance he just skims from posts that tag him, which can't be a great idea.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I hope this Harry lad doesn't post on here, so it's not post on poster if I call him a word removed.

Even if he does post here it's worth the warning points. Harry, you're a word removed. 

• Like 4

On 13/01/2022 at 13:57, avfc1982am said:

I may be going against the grain here but I think he'll be replaced as captain in the summer. Whether he moves on, I'm not convinced Gerrard is convinced by Mings. Not that he has done anything wrong but just a feeling. 

Who would you replace him as captain? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

He's a top guy I've no doubt. But if he can't stop his mistakes, he won't be coming with us if we finally reach Europe. He is just not good enough for the dizzy heights, an I hate to say it, be so hard to let him go.

We also don’t have to let him go. He can still be a great ambassador for the club even if he’s sitting on the bench for 90% of the season. Would be a solid backup to have if we got to that point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spiezels said:

Who would you replace him as captain? 

I'm not saying I would. I'm saying I think Gerrard has concerns. He even alluded to the captaincy not being decided for the long term and that he'd take time to consider. As for the current squad. I don't see a captain if I'm honest and as part of the summer tweak to the squad I would probably look at bringing in a captain. Preferably in the CDM or CM role. I think someone like JWP would be perfect for several reasons including leadership qualities. 

On 13/01/2022 at 13:57, avfc1982am said:

I'm not convinced that you're not convinced that Gerrard isn't convinced by Mings 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

I'm not convinced that you're not convinced that Gerrard isn't convinced by Mings 

But could you be convinced that avfc 1982 could be convinced that Gerrard is convinced by Mings? I'm not convinced that you could be.

For all his faults he can ping a ball. Though he seems to be utterly petrified of making a pass any other than to his CB.

The crowd are on him now and can see what he's doing. I'm sorry but he's captain of the club. He can't be hiding and passing the buck constantly.

Digne was on the overlap for days. Greenwood had no intention of even making token cover runs.

It took until it was 2-2 and the crowd was buzzing for Mings to make a pass to him.

You've got to show more. I've criticised his defending but this he can do...and he has to

Â