Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Good thing we were playing against a very poor side because he was terrible for large parts of the game.

All's well that ends well but he needs to step up and snap out of it.

Looked like he was drunk or missing his contacts.

On another day, some of these mistakes could've led to a goal.

Honestly, he's another one I think gets too much hype from us. He just makes too many mistakes and I feel people brush it under the rug way too much. This game was the worst so far but its not like he hasn't been having other games where he's been making costly mistakes.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

Of our key players think his level has dipped a bit in last few weeks.

Still good but in second half we could easily have conceded when Shelvey took the ball off him near the box, can't remember if Newcastle actually got a shot off from that mistake but the sort that better teams would punish.

Sharpen up please Tyrone. Need you to be better.

You don't have to throw feints every time you have it to try and look cool.

Strange characteristic of his play. If he's rushed and under pressure and hoofing it away. Very often mishits it and it scuttles along the floor into the dangerous middle of the pitch. Stop that as well please.

One instance I actually couldn't believe how slow he was near our box and he got caught out, he then tried to get back up when Newcastle were attacking and got immediately chopped down.

He had a couple of close ones, but through the 90 mims he mostly played well so I don't understand what point some are even trying to make because he wasn't that bad.

His passing was the start of many attacking moves and his passing was the start of a flow that led to a goal right. Something else I had noticed with his and most our players passing last night is that we was keeping it much more on the ground, that was very important for us because long and aerial balls do not work in our system.

• Like 1

Think he's had "big head" syndrome after playing for England.  It's been a big year for the guy where he wasnt first choice and then he came to us, had a great season, got promoted, became a fans favourite, started well in the PL and then gets an England call up and maybe it's gone to his head a little.  That's fine, he's had a few games where he's been shown up a little.  Hopefully now he'll remember what he was doing well, settle down and get back to being the Tyrone we know and love.....no harm, no foul.  Still a great defender.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Think he's had "big head" syndrome after playing for England.  It's been a big year for the guy where he wasnt first choice and then he came to us, had a great season, got promoted, became a fans favourite, started well in the PL and then gets an England call up and maybe it's gone to his head a little.  That's fine, he's had a few games where he's been shown up a little.  Hopefully now he'll remember what he was doing well, settle down and get back to being the Tyrone we know and love.....no harm, no foul.  Still a great defender.

I don’t think it’s that. Attitude is the last thing I’d worry about with him. 

It might be a case of being distracted by the England set up, getting used to playing for a different manager asking for a different game from him perhaps? Or maybe there is something in the talk of a niggling injury?

As others have stated, he seems to be a tad to casual and relaxed on the ball. This lack of urgency might cost us dearly against better opposition. Playing for England has affected him imho. Hopefully it's gonna pass.

• Like 1

He's a ballplaying central defender who will take risks in terms of passing. I think the fact that he's been so incredibly good for us, means that people have less patience when he makes mistakes. He did have a few mistakes yesterday, but he also had some very very good stuff. Not to mention how he organizes the defence. I think people would notice this quite rapidly if he got an injury. Knock wood. 

• Like 2

He could easily have cost us a goal or two. Lost the ball a few times down to him being way to casual and taking to much time on the ball, almost as if  it's down to hubris and not ability. Picked his game up the last 30 minutes.  He's a great player but something seems a little off. 

Â