Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

On 17/10/2019 at 21:21, Demitri_C said:

So great to see the Bulgarian police take such harsh action against the racist chants aimed at mings and the rest of the players.

A 'huge £443 fine and banned from sport for a almighty 2 years 🙄

A month's salary and a two year ban? That's not just a slap on the wrist. 

• Like 1

On 17/10/2019 at 19:21, Demitri_C said:

So great to see the Bulgarian police take such harsh action against the racist chants aimed at mings and the rest of the players.

A 'huge £443 fine and banned from sport for a almighty 2 years 🙄

£443 is probably a lot to a Bulgarian.

36 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

On set pieces he shouldn't be marking anyone really, against Norwich he bossed the area by attacking the ball on corners and free kicks whilst everyone else marked players and it worked really well 9/10 it was his head meeting the ball, looked like zonal marking for the free kick against Brighton not a fan tbh.

Like you, I'm not a fan of zonal marking (at any time - but especially in our own box). "Space doesn't score goals - players do" is something that was drummed into me from a young age.

Mings might have a free role when defending in our box from set pieces, but he's then gotta make sure everybody else is marking. He had 2 at the far post and needed to call for help.

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

he isnt the best but he is better than that waster Rose

Chilwell is probably better than him but who else is Southgate going to play Bertrand? I'm pretty sure every other prem left back is from another nation. 

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Chilwell is probably better than him but who else is Southgate going to play Bertrand? I'm pretty sure every other prem left back is from another nation. 

I would say its Shaw and Chilwell maybe Bertrand then Targett

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Luke Shaw surely has a spot when fit and back from injury?

Just now, sne said:

Luke Shaw surely has a spot when fit and back from injury?

Yeah for 3 games and then is back out with an Injury. I guess Ashley Young as well but targett has looked quality for us and clearly provides more of an attacking threat than Bertrand. Plus Southgate likes to play youngish players so the team can be prepared for a couple of years for the future. 

5 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

Like you, I'm not a fan of zonal marking (at any time - but especially in our own box). "Space doesn't score goals - players do" is something that was drummed into me from a young age.

Mings might have a free role when defending in our box from set pieces, but he's then gotta make sure everybody else is marking. He had 2 at the far post and needed to call for help.

Agree it's absolutely his job to organise the defense in those situations to be fair to Brighton we deserved to concede that free kick we defended woefully for it.

Edited by zab6359

53 minutes ago, Zatman said:

he isnt the best but he is better than that waster Rose

In what way is Rose a waster? He is a hard working player that established himself as first choice in a champions league team. His form has dipped over the last 2 seasons but that doesn't make him a waster.

13 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

In what way is Rose a waster? He is a hard working player that established himself as first choice in a champions league team. His form has dipped over the last 2 seasons but that doesn't make him a waster.

Plays for Spurs... Pretty much makes him a cast-iron word removed and not a thing can be said to vindicate him of that fact...

I hate that club so much that I don't even cheer when Spurs players score or play well for the England team!

Just now, DJ_Villain said:

Plays for Spurs... Pretty much makes him a cast-iron word removed and not a thing can be said to vindicate him of that fact...

I hate that club so much that I don't even cheer when Spurs players score or play well for the England team!

I don't like their chairman but to me they're just another team that is not Villa.

Having such deep seated feelings of hostility surely can be good for your health! 

18 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Ive levelled my opinions on Rose in other Spurs threads but guy is an egotistical rocket polisher

e.g Thought he was getting a big deal at United or PSG hence his contract complaints. Spurs told him find a club and only Watford made an enquiry 😂😂😂

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Ive levelled my opinions on Rose in other Spurs threads but guy is an egotistical rocket polisher

e.g Thought he was getting a big deal at United or PSG hence his contract complaints. Spurs told him find a club and only Watford made an enquiry 😂😂😂

One good thing about being where we are as a club with our development from a Championship side back into an established PL side is we don't have to put up with all the prima donna shite from players, I love the way way everyone seems to be pulling in the same direction right now........................................I'm sure those days will come when we are a regular CL team and have to sign the odd stroppy barsteward.

Â