Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, villaslash said:

Love this and think his big heart is another reason he’s so great to have at Villa.

Its reminding me when we used to have Acorns on the front of the Jersey and there was a great photo and interview with Laursen and Barry about the Villa Acorns partnership.

it’s stuff like this that makes Villa extra special. Thanks Mings.

Absolutely brilliant from Mings. Guy is class. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

The man has one big mistake in him every game.  Yes he plays well most of game but to be a top side that 1 will destroy you.

To be honest, that's why he's at Villa.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not sure I would blame TM for the goal if that is what you are referring to. The scorer came in from deep and passed two static Villa players, especially Luiz who just opted out and let him run untouched .... he should have gone with him or blocked the run because once he was through, neither of our CHs were going to stand a chance.

• Like 1

IMO Mings was 99% to blame for the goal.  A CB job is to head the ball out when it comes into that position.  Instead Mings decided to go for a wander and leave his position.  

I honestly can’t see how anyone else can see any different but maybe thats just be.  No point in arguing about it as I can’t be swayed on this one 😀

Just now, HeyAnty said:

IMO Mings was 99% to blame for the goal.  A CB job is to head the ball out when it comes into that position.  Instead Mings decided to go for a wander and leave his position.  

I honestly can’t see how anyone else can see any different but maybe thats just be.  No point in arguing about it as I can’t be swayed on this one 😀

I won’t argue, I’ll just say 99% of your opinion is wrong.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

Mings had a player in front of him ..... that was HIS man, not the runner who had been abandoned by our lazy midfielders. Once you have unmarked runners into the box then the CHs have no chance !

• Like 2

Just now, villa4europe said:

if by "decided to wander" you mean mark varane (his man) whilst luiz points and lets mctominay walk past him and konsa marks no one

mings is watching varane, luiz is watching the ball, konsa is watching everything...and does nothing...

that goal is on luiz for losing his man and konsa for doing nothing, if you want to stretch it further its on ings and watkins for letting the ball come in

any suggestion thats on mings is utter bollocks, you dont know what you are looking at

I did blame Mings when it happened live, after reading your post I will watch it again. 

• Like 1

To be fair to the whole team it was a hell of a ball into the box that every team would struggle with.

its like when a player scores a wonder goal against the run of play, that cross was the equivalent of a wonder strike… perhaps.

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

if by "decided to wander" you mean mark varane (his man) whilst luiz points and lets mctominay walk past him and konsa marks no one

mings is watching varane, luiz is watching the ball, konsa is watching everything...and does nothing...

that goal is on luiz for losing his man and konsa for doing nothing, if you want to stretch it further its on ings and watkins for letting the ball come in

any suggestion thats on mings is utter bollocks, you dont know what you are looking at

I’d even say that Luiz is looking to block anything short and it should be Ramsey following McTominay in as he’s the one in no man’s land.

Mings “wandering” though, if you say it enough times it just becomes ‘true’.

One thing is for sure.. I wouldn't expect Douglas to run back in between his CBs and head the ball out there. That's either Konsa's or Mings' job. Who of those 2 is at fault I'm not entirely sure .

When you're defending crosses the back post defenders (in this case, Cash and Konsa) have the best view of everything, and should be talking to the front post defenders and keeping the shape tight. Konsa ends up spare here, and that's because he lets a gap open up between him and Mings, and he ends up doubled up with Cash on the back post attacker.

I still think it's a great run by McTominay, which would cause problems for a lot of defences, and we shouldn't be letting the ball into the box. It's a team error. But Konsa blaming Mings was out of order.

Edit: and also agree with @AV82that Luiz shouldn't be tracking runners into the six yard box. Not his fault.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 1

How you know it probably wasn't Mings' fault is that it took a good 12 hours or so before anyone said it was in this thread rather than the usual time of when the ball is still travelling toward the goal.

• Haha 2

Â