Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

We really didn't, we lost the game in defence yesterday.

We were poor in midfield once Buendia and Luiz had gone off; but the game was lost due to our inability to defend.

Ramsey came on for Buendia after he asked to come off, realistically our only other option was Sanson. Ramsey was always going to get the nod, he's made a stupid mistake but he will know that.

We did lose the game because of our inability to defend on the day....spot on.

but EVERY player has to be able to defend, it has to be in their armoury, as EVERY player has to be able to attack....we have too many players who can only do, one or the other, well.

at times like this, its because the team can't defend a lead.

In Jacobs case, he has to learn.

Edited by TRO

34 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I partially disagree. Our defence were poor but they were put under unnecessary pressure by our total surrender of the midfield in the last twenty minutes. It should have been addressed in the summer. It was our most important purchase and we ignored it. 

Not sure 'ignored it' is the right phrase as we clearly did want to sign a top quality midfielder but it didn't come off.  Not sure how far down our list of targets we got before deciding using what we have got was better value than signing someone who isn't really that great. 

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

Not sure 'ignored it' is the right phrase as we clearly did want to sign a top quality midfielder but it didn't come off.  Not sure how far down our list of targets we got before deciding using what we have got was better value than signing someone who isn't really that great. 

There are loads of midfielders that would have been a big upgrade on what we have, were attainable and would have provided better balance to our team. I’m actually glad we didn’t sign JWP. We can do much better for less of an outlay.

• Like 1

Really pleased he's broken his duck - and a cracking finish.

He actually made a big difference coming on to join in with the pressing too.  Worked a couple of times, and that was probably the only times we pressed effectively in the game.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I'd start him again against West Ham, need his energy against Rice and Soucek. The goal will be big for his confidence.

I don't think its just his energy. He can control a football, which is one-up on what Buendia can do at the minute.

Â