Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

2 hours ago, LondonVillian said:

I disagree I think if anything he's a box to box midfielder - Nakamba sits in front of the back 4 in a completely different role for me.

I do agree that alot of those minutes were bedding in and we cant write him off or anything like that.

Still think we need to start seeing more influence in the game in terms of key passes / goals and assists. 

Douglas Luiz has played 513 minutes and has 2 assists this season.

You're right with the bit in bold to be fair.

My point is that, I think it's wrong ( At this time ) to discredit his performances with stats, as they don't paint a proper picture of all the variables.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I only watched bits as I was watching the Belguim v France Nations semi.

I like Jacob, always neat and tidy and makes himself available, he played the full 90, so they must have been happy......He is developing, so its hard to be critical, but I think he needs to be asking a few more questions in a game, needs to be a bit more of a driver, as opposed to a passenger, He needs a few 8 performances which may raise his belief levels for us.......I hope he has a few more gears to go up too, in time.

I couldn't agree more @TRO.  

A very solid squad player already. Good engine, good decision making, has that great youthful striding athleticism and has bulked up and will only get stronger, he looks comfortable on the ball and with the expectation on his shoulders. I like the way he drives forward and doesnt shirk, always wanting the ball and seems like his confidence is slowly growing, a goal or two will do him wonders I feel, its not far away either.

As pointed out by @TRO, needs some stand out performances, although I think the demand for “a few 8’s” is a bit too steep, I think he is doing alright as he is and as much as anyone else at present, as long as he continues to improve. If he doesnt there is plenty of competition for his place, he could wither very quickly here if it doesnt pan out. I think he will make it here though. I cannot say how excited I am about the 4-5 youngsters knocking on the door of the first team squad and places on our bench, this club is doing a great job with them, it really is a very big footballing story.

• Like 1

On 08/10/2021 at 00:03, thunderball said:

A very solid squad player already. Good engine, good decision making, has that great youthful striding athleticism and has bulked up and will only get stronger, he looks comfortable on the ball and with the expectation on his shoulders. I like the way he drives forward and doesnt shirk, always wanting the ball and seems like his confidence is slowly growing, a goal or two will do him wonders I feel, its not far away either.

As pointed out by @TRO, needs some stand out performances, although I think the demand for “a few 8’s” is a bit too steep, I think he is doing alright as he is and as much as anyone else at present, as long as he continues to improve. If he doesnt there is plenty of competition for his place, he could wither very quickly here if it doesnt pan out. I think he will make it here though. I cannot say how excited I am about the 4-5 youngsters knocking on the door of the first team squad and places on our bench, this club is doing a great job with them, it really is a very big footballing story.

it wasn't a demand , more of a request.

• Like 1

On 07/10/2021 at 22:20, TRO said:

I only watched bits as I was watching the Belguim v France Nations semi.

I like Jacob, always neat and tidy and makes himself available, he played the full 90, so they must have been happy......He is developing, so its hard to be critical, but I think he needs to be asking a few more questions in a game, needs to be a bit more of a driver, as opposed to a passenger, He needs a few 8 performances which may raise his belief levels for us.......I hope he has a few more gears to go up too, in time.

He is still learning his trade, Tro. He will improve.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

England U21's are live on Youtube from 19:00 today vs Andorra - hopefully Jacob will feature.

Not in the squad? Injured? 

Ps - why the hell is rhian Brewster the u21 starting striker??? 

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

Inn sorry but that’s one of the worst sub appearances I’ve ever seen at Villa 

Its kind of sad. He didn't need to be brought on. He's not a game changer sort of player. Well actually, he was today.

He was brought on for his energy i get that but he is also very inexperienced and naive.

This game reminded me of his lazy blocking which let TAA get the winner in the 2-1 vs Liverpool last season when he came on.

19 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Shite again. And what a ridiculous free kick to give away in a horrendous position.

Send him out on loan to learn from his mistakes elsewhere.

Yes it was but he’s not the first villa player to cost us a point and certainly not the last,  interesting take on sending all young players that make a mistake out on loan as punishment 

Â