Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

23 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Yes it was but he’s not the first villa player to cost us a point and certainly not the last,  interesting take on sending all young players that make a mistake out on loan as punishment 

Didn’t say that but good one

10 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

When he plays a good game silence when plays poor people can’t wait to give him dog’s abuse 

It’s not silence though. I and others have been on here complimenting him when he’s had a good game. 

Today he was poor. Not entirely his fault, but him coming on was the trigger that lost us the game. We couldn’t control the midfield with him and Nakamba in there and he made a stupid mistake that lost us a point. 

He’s had some good games but I don’t think he’s good enough to consistently play in the first team and genuinely think a loan would benefit him greatly. 

Saying a player had a shit game and made a mistake isn’t abuse

This is definitely not on him, it’s on all of them, but I don’t think he’s anywhere near good enough for the important role he’s been given. We knew before the season started we desperately needed another CM. I’m still so pissed off that we didn’t address that. 

• Like 2

Ramsey gave the free kick away...but he was athletic and pressed well from the moment he came on. At that point in the game we needes that as energy levels were dropping. I think he played a poor through ball to Ings but can't say he was dodgy in other respects.

His issue was that noone tripped troare on the half way line when he started running and gave him the issue to deal with.

Such a stupid free kick he gave away. That's something he must learn on. Adama was looking up wondering what to do so he'd have inevitably lost the ball with time to think and we had men back blocking off the goal.

He simply can't risk going through Adama to win the ball and it cost us.

He is not ready yet to be playing such a critical role in our squad. That’s not on him. He would definitely benefit from 12 months on loan at a good championship side. 
We should have addressed our midfield in the summer. We didn’t and we will keep paying the price until we do. A new centre midfielder in January is a must.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

He is not ready yet to be playing such a critical role in our squad. That’s not on him. He would definitely benefit from 12 months on loan at a good championship side. 
We should have addressed our midfield in the summer. We didn’t and we will keep paying the price until we do. A new centre midfielder in January is a must.

He's looked quite good this season, without ever really having a material affect on games. I agree with you about the new central midfielder though, shame the management team just can't see it, or if they do, aren't prepapred to go the extra mile to get one.

4 minutes ago, Risso said:

He's looked quite good this season, without ever really having a material affect on games. I agree with you about the new central midfielder though, shame the management team just can't see it, or if they do, aren't prepapred to go the extra mile to get one.

It’s a real gripe of mine. We lost the game in midfield again yesterday. To not be able to close a game out, at home, against a pretty poor side is unforgivable and it all came from our inability to control the middle of the park. 
I think Ramsey looks a real talent but there’s not another PL club where he gets the same level of exposure as he gets here. He is just not ready yet.

15 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

When he plays a good game silence when plays poor people can’t wait to give him dog’s abuse 

I don't think so. I questioned his maturity and place in midfield a couple pages ago, and was confronted immediately. 

19 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

He was brought on for his energy i get that but he is also very inexperienced and naive.

This game reminded me of his lazy blocking which let TAA get the winner in the 2-1 vs Liverpool last season when he came on.

That was as Much Barkley and McGinns fault. McGinn was the closest man to TAA when he received the ball. And barkley could ahve tackled Liverpool about 3 times in the build up. 

8 hours ago, M_Afro said:

It’s a real gripe of mine. We lost the game in midfield again yesterday. To not be able to close a game out, at home, against a pretty poor side is unforgivable and it all came from our inability to control the middle of the park. 
I think Ramsey looks a real talent but there’s not another PL club where he gets the same level of exposure as he gets here. He is just not ready yet.

We really didn't, we lost the game in defence yesterday.

We were poor in midfield once Buendia and Luiz had gone off; but the game was lost due to our inability to defend.

Ramsey came on for Buendia after he asked to come off, realistically our only other option was Sanson. Ramsey was always going to get the nod, he's made a stupid mistake but he will know that.

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

We really didn't, we lost the game in defence yesterday.

We were poor in midfield once Buendia and Luiz had gone off; but the game was lost due to our inability to defend.

Ramsey came on for Buendia after he asked to come off, realistically our only other option was Sanson. Ramsey was always going to get the nod, he's made a stupid mistake but he will know that.

I partially disagree. Our defence were poor but they were put under unnecessary pressure by our total surrender of the midfield in the last twenty minutes. It should have been addressed in the summer. It was our most important purchase and we ignored it. 

On 16/10/2021 at 17:22, djdabush said:

He's really poor defensively, I'd be disappointed to see him get game time ahead of Sanson after today.

I would prefer to say, he has a lot to learn defensively.

Â