Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

When he was first breaking through, in his first four or five sub appearances, he nearly scored in each one. I was worried this part of his game had gone to focus on pressing so this could be a real moment for him to build confidence up around the box.

It was a great goal. Couldnt be any closer to the top corner.

• Like 1

I like JJ but haven't been impressed by him to the point that I think he warrants starting games particularly often, just because even in his better performances he tends to fade out of games and let them pass him by, which you really don't need in a midfielder. 

That first goal can be a big thing for a young player though, ever since last season I've been willing him to get one in the hope it'll see him kick on. Shame about the circumstances it came in last night but regardless I hope he can take the positives from it. Still think he's one who had we signed another midfielder could have really benefitted from the right loan move.

• Like 1

i think the Villa official website of "Ramsey breaks scoring duck", is almost offensive lol.

To me that word is used when a player expected to score hasnt scored for a while and finally does, not a player who at a young age scores his first goal for his club.

On 23/10/2021 at 13:36, Indigo said:

I like JJ but haven't been impressed by him to the point that I think he warrants starting games particularly often, just because even in his better performances he tends to fade out of games and let them pass him by, which you really don't need in a midfielder. 

That first goal can be a big thing for a young player though, ever since last season I've been willing him to get one in the hope it'll see him kick on. Shame about the circumstances it came in last night but regardless I hope he can take the positives from it. Still think he's one who had we signed another midfielder could have really benefitted from the right loan move.

I agree.

needs to show more intensity....but looks good.

He is gradually becoming not the obvious one to leave out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Does anybody know how bad the injury is. From what it looked like at the ground it was not good. Surprised there have not been more concern

I commented on the match thread, the slow motion close up looked horrible.

Looks like he accidentally rolled/disclocated his ankle outwards almost.

Didn't look good at all.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

A couple of months I'd imagine.

If Sanson is located in one of the bunkers at Bodymoor before Friday he starts at Southampton for me. For a start there isn't much alternative.

on todays decisions, maybe we might see Young as an 8?

This club is like the twilight zone right now lol.

Really hope the injury isn't as bad as feared. Hopefully we get news this week.

The silver lining is hopefully this will force Smith/the club's hand to invest in a quality centre mid in January. Beyond our first choice we are just nowhere near good enough, and if Ramsey is out then that drop off in quality is even bigger

37 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Really hope the injury isn't as bad as feared. Hopefully we get news this week.

The silver lining is hopefully this will force Smith/the club's hand to invest in a quality centre mid in January. Beyond our first choice we are just nowhere near good enough, and if Ramsey is out then that drop off in quality is even bigger

Yup how did analytics team miss the need for another DM !!

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Sorry about the injury but he had 3 touches and made 2 passes in 15 minutes.

He just isn't good enough.

He seems to have to over-perform compared to his fellow-midfielders to impress a lot of fans. I'm not sure why. He's more than held his own this season and yesterday we were flat as a team from the start. 

• Like 2

Â