Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

9 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Kudos for the backtracking 😁 

After Ramsey's first PL start against Wolves you could tell he had something as he didn't look out of place at all.

Really stepped up this season and looks so good. Quick on the ball, strong on the ball, great vision, awareness and can score with both feet.

He's only going to get better!

Is that for me? If it is - page 37.
Edit- he is ahead of my schedule though!

Edited by Sulberto21

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Take away his goals and his all round performances still make him one of our best players, the comparison to 🔔ingham is often made which might seem a lazy one but I think it's a fair one,as they're similar types of midfielder both very good box to box midfielders who have a lot more to their game than just goals and assists.

Yes you could see what a good player Ramsey was even before he started scoring goals.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KentVillan said:

In centre mid? I get the point in the front 3, but I don't think what you're saying is true about centre mid. We have a left-footed RCM in McGinn, but it's not a rule that you normally play a left footer there.

Look at Man City's line up last night, KDB (right footed) plays RCM and Bernardo (left footed) plays LCM. I don't think this thing of requiring your 8s to be on a particular side matters at all.

The reason Sanson looks worse than McGinn at RCM is that McGinn is a better player.

And returning to topic, Ramsey could play all over the midfield tbh. He's doing well at the moment at LCM, but I'm sure he could play either side of the front 3, as a central 10, or alongside a DM in a 4-2-3-1. He's got a really good all round game.

I'm not at all suggesting it's a general requirement to have a left footer on the right of centre mid, I'm saying it's quite deliberate in the specific system we play that we line up with McGinn on the right and Ramsey on the left, rather than the other way round and the Utd game with Sanson on the right some what showed why.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, messi11 said:

Just looking back less then a year ago in this thread seeing the likes of @Jas10 @One For The Road @Laughable Chimp @DCJonah @Demitri_C  @hippo @AVTuco @sne having zero patience with this kid😂 Reminds me of the Carney Chukwuemeka thread right now.

I'm still completely ok with that comment at the time.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Creeper said:

how about we tell Southgate and his tap up merchants to.....f*** right off.

Defo dont want him being friends with "Little Phil".

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Very rich of you to post some point scoring post like this when you were writing players off that we hadn't even signed during the window. 

Only Bentancur, who wouldn't of improved us. and I was right. Like Gerrard says he only wants to sign players that improve us

4 hours ago, messi11 said:

Just looking back less then a year ago in this thread seeing the likes of @Jas10 @One For The Road @Laughable Chimp @DCJonah @Demitri_C  @hippo @AVTuco @sne having zero patience with this kid😂 Reminds me of the Carney Chukwuemeka thread right now.

Wow. Just wow. That is some "I told you so" commitment. 

tenor.gif 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Starting to look like the finished article and he's 20 still isn't he? Second goal was superb, more tellingly for me though was when the whole team were suffering before we scored the first goal he made a couple of runs from deep that carried the whole team forward and really transformed the mood of the team and the stands. If he's got the bollocks for that when things are going badly it's a great sign on top of the obvious talent.

11 hours ago, messi11 said:

And this proves what exactly??

Answer this was he good last year??

He was a complete shadow of the player he is now. Utterly pointless bringing this up posts from 12 months ago.

I’d be surprised if he got selected for the senior England team when JWP is only just breaking through and then also in midfield he’s up against Bellingham, Conor Gallagher, Harvey Elliott, Emile Smith Rowe also in form young players looking to make the step up. Bellinghams definitely ahead already but he’s probably pretty level with the others.

Theres a lot of established names in midfield. I reckon Southgate will be happy to have him knocking around the under 23s for a bit longer. Which is fine by me.

8 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I’d be surprised if he got selected for the senior England team when JWP is only just breaking through and then also in midfield he’s up against Bellingham, Conor Gallagher, Harvey Elliott, Emile Smith Rowe also in form young players looking to make the step up. Bellinghams definitely ahead already but he’s probably pretty level with the others.

Theres a lot of established names in midfield. I reckon Southgate will be happy to have him knocking around the under 23s for a bit longer. Which is fine by me.

He’s doing more than Smith Rowe and Harvey Elliot. Connor Gallagher has done well, but I see Ramsey as the better player. Bellingham is class. 

53 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Starting to look like the finished article and he's 20 still isn't he? Second goal was superb, more tellingly for me though was when the whole team were suffering before we scored the first goal he made a couple of runs from deep that carried the whole team forward and really transformed the mood of the team and the stands. If he's got the bollocks for that when things are going badly it's a great sign on top of the obvious talent.

That second goal was a fantastic finish but the ground he covered at that speed to put him in that position was sensational. I don’t think there are many teams that can live with that pace and power running

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

He is starting to score goals which will scare Southgate a bit as our defense/midfield 8 are not generally allowed past the half way line 

Winds me up that all these young players are pushed forward into the England set up so early after not earning their stripes at u21 and club level. That will not happen for ever though as this generation of young academy trained English players comes through. Because there are loads. As Joe Cole said on the televisual thingy on Wednesday the way we develop players now is showing how good and technical English players can be. 

Anyway i am off point. They shouldnt be promoted so early because they might be technically more advanced for their years but they are still youngsters. With youngster issues. Less of an understanding of consequences. And dare i say it less ability to handle pressure, maybe in a penalty shootout ?  These things come with maturity . 

In many ways i look at it as a duty of care to manage their careers and their expectations accordingly. Southgate needs to be careful as he is raising every young players expectations to the point where if you play exceptionally well for a couple of months there is a good chance you will get called up to the squad. Even Jacob said in an interview recently his goal was to get into the England squad over the next 12 months or so..

Its so wrong imo 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Theres a lot of established names in midfield.

rice, phillips, henderson

the england midfield is a closed shop, southgate has his favourites

bellingham is out there getting MOTM performances in the CL and cant break the phillips / rice combo that southagte loves (but you can guarantee that he will if he gets his £100m move to the top 4)

• Like 1

Â