Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

I think Grealish reaching the level he did has people outside of Villa pumping him up a bit more than he quite deserves right now. No problem with Villa fans getting excited about a player really though.

Head down JJ. Keep working son. Getting comfortable in front of goal is an incredible trait to bring into his game. That second finish against Leeds was sumptuous.

• Like 1

I wonder if we could convert him into a striker. Only kidding . Carry on Jacob. I think with him there will not be the off field issues that surrounded Jack. He comes from good Great Barr stock with a dad that knows about sacrifice to try and be the best.. as Ferdinand said imagine what he is going to be like in 2 or 3 years. I just hope we as a team can start progressing up the league as quick as he is developing so we do not have the same situation happening again. 

On 11/02/2022 at 08:11, Demitri_C said:

You didnt answer the question. was JJ good last year?

That’s a ridiculous question. It’s not so black and white with youngsters. 

He was improving all the time whilst showing flashes of brilliance which showed once he had the physical attributes and the tactical awareness he could become a top player. 

The question should have been did he look out of place? Answer is No. (imo). 

If He continues to show the drive and discipline of Steven Gerrard did in his career JJ will be a world class player in 3/4 seasons time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He is improving month on month. He is very consistent for someone so young he doesn't have many truly bad games.

Let's just hope he doesn't get called up and get his head turned by the sky 6 rocket polishers as usual.

58 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

That’s a ridiculous question. It’s not so black and white with youngsters. 

He was improving all the time whilst showing flashes of brilliance which showed once he had the physical attributes and the tactical awareness he could become a top player. 

The question should have been did he look out of place? Answer is No. (imo). 

If He continues to show the drive and discipline of Steven Gerrard did in his career JJ will be a world class player in 3/4 seasons time.

How is that a ridiculous question 😂😂

Asking if a player wasgood last season is now ridiculous 😂

On 11/02/2022 at 06:53, Demitri_C said:

It is when people are bringing up posts from 12 months agao where JJ was nowhere as good as he is right now. Show me a post when anyone predicted he would be this good? He was really poor last year so him benfiting from a loan is not showing "impatience" its saying he would benefit from a loan. So people are showing an impatience with barry JPB and all the other kids out on loan yhen

The Barry thread is literally full of people saying “this lad won’t make it in the PL” in a very similar way, correct.

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Ramsey is the only one of our starting CM’s that I wouldn’t think about upgrading in the summer. His performances are getting better and better, and he is putting more experienced pro’s in his position to shame.

He can still improve defensively though. If you compare him to Gallagher, another young nr 8, Gallagher does a lot more work all over the pitch.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

He can still improve defensively though. If you compare him to Gallagher, another young nr 8, Gallagher does a lot more work all over the pitch.

I’ve wondered if his forward play is shining so much because he’s been absolved of all defensive duties. 

13 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I think Grealish reaching the level he did has people outside of Villa pumping him up a bit more than he quite deserves right now. No problem with Villa fans getting excited about a player really though.

Head down JJ. Keep working son. Getting comfortable in front of goal is an incredible trait to bring into his game. That second finish against Leeds was sumptuous.

It was indeed - harder chance than it looked.

54 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

The thing I didn't realise about Ramsey before the Leeds game was how good he was in front of goal. Cold as ice and clinical. 

Such is the rapid speed of his development, I think 10 or 15 games back he wouldn't have been that confident in front of goal. 

The pace in which he has become so good is frightening. 

Â