Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

6 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Keep him off the coke, sleeping tabs, booze and whores and he'll do alright. 

I don't think we have to worry about that. Grealish was getting smashed on the streets in the summer while JJ spent the summer in the gym. I also don't think his Dad would tolerate it being a boxing champ. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Such an exciting talent, could genuinely see Pep coming in for him. To which he should be told to **** off. Not sure what his contact situation is like but we should really tie him down for a few more years if possible. 

#Ramsey2025

• Like 1

Expect the club to start talks over a new deal with no doubt a bigger pay rise in the second half of the season the way his going as won't be long before we start seeing other clubs are tracking him articles in the media. 

• Like 1

I think Grealish had more natural ability at Ramsey's age, but Ramsey has the self-discipline and desire required to make it to the absolute top. He seems way more of a pro than Jack did,

Though, comparing the two is a bit silly but it's kinda scary how much better Ramsey is at this age than Jack was at this age. 

Just now, PieFacE said:

I think Grealish had more natural ability at Ramsey's age, but Ramsey has the self-discipline and desire required to make it to the absolute top. He seems way more of a pro than Jack did,

Though, comparing the two is a bit silly but it's kinda scary how much better Ramsey is at this age than Jack was at this age. 

difficult though isnt it, because tbh, and without wanting to compare players, i think Grealish was more the Le Tissier/Gazza type player, where i think Ramsey is more the Gerrard type player.

So while i would agree Grealish had more "natural ability" than Ramsey at the same age, i think its also clear that Ramsey has a much better all round game than Grealish did, but also has quite a lot of raw ability.

• Like 2

Fair play to Deano not loaning him out last season and giving him all that game time to develop. A lot of us couldn't see this seasons level of performance coming. The Newcastle game was a real eye opener as to the new level he was getting to. Now he's just getting better and better. We have a good sprinkling of top 6 quality in the squad now. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

difficult though isnt it, because tbh, and without wanting to compare players, i think Grealish was more the Le Tissier/Gazza type player, where i think Ramsey is more the Gerrard type player.

So while i would agree Grealish had more "natural ability" than Ramsey at the same age, i think its also clear that Ramsey has a much better all round game than Grealish did, but also has quite a lot of raw ability.

Add that Ramsey has had better coaches at youth and senior level. And good professionals at the club, not Gabby and Micah.

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Agreed. When jack first broke into the team you could see his talent and natural ability were a step above any other youth player and he proved that with some of his early appearances (hull at home where they repeatedly tried to kick him; Liverpool fa cup semi). But then he arguably stagnated for the next 2-3 years. With his ability he should have ripped up the championship but he didn’t really hit his stride till deano came in.

With Ramsey (so far) it’s arguably been the opposite. He came into the team and was quite ordinary and didn’t really stand out. But his progression since then has been astonishingly rapid. Suggests a good mentality

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Not meaning to sound like a moron but how is that calculated? Like each players carry of the ball each game.

Yeah, k/m carried. For the third column - they must have to carry it a certain distance to count as one carry.

39 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Not meaning to sound like a moron but how is that calculated? Like each players carry of the ball each game.

they changed the word dribble to carry a few years back, its defined as something travelling with the ball continuously for a set distance something like 5m, they then add them all up, if you run with it for 4m it doesnt count, i dont know what the actual set distance is

unsurprisingly its an americanism, stolen from running with the ball in the NFL and also a term in basketball and of course they stuck a stat on it

• Like 1

Â