Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

4 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Just got to let him grow and grow . He will be in no rush to leave. And we should not rush to offer him a new deal. He needs to keep up this level of performance for the rest of the season and then sign a 6 year deal in the summer.ย 

He's nearly 6 foot now, we don't want him like Peter crouch.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Fair play to Deano not loaning him out last season and giving him all that game time to develop. A lot of us couldn't see this seasons level of performance coming. The Newcastle game was a real eye opener as to the new level he was getting to. Now he's just getting better and better. We have a good sprinkling of top 6 quality in the squad now.ย 

A lot of us, even Conor Hourihane seemed slightly aggrieved.ย 

Itโ€™s the progress that amazes me, some will say they saw it all along of course and fair play to them, but I wasnโ€™t the only fan last season questioning if he had it in him to become a top class PL player.ย 
ย 

I was wrong of course, but the step up from last season to this has just been remarkable.ย 
ย 

I love his interviews as well, he seems like such a lovely kid.ย 

I'm not really interested in snarky comments and this has been said here and there, but it would be great if those rubbishing young players after a handful of games would genuinely pause for thought in future, but I can only think this is unlikely. Took his goals last night like the Brazilian Ronaldo.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

His rise is monumental. Honestly, at the level he's at now, he's a guaranteed starter and one of our most important players. Now just imagine how good he'll be in 12 months time...

I expect interest in the Summer. We need to offer him a new, long term deal and build around him. Or sell him for ยฃ100m and put that pure profit against FFP and build again...

Stop trying to sell our players! :Dย 

The finish for his second was outstanding. What a superb young player!ย 

Just looking back less then a year ago in this thread seeing the likes of @Jas10ย @One For The Roadย @Laughable Chimpย @DCJonahย @Demitri_Cย  @hippoย @AVTucoย @sneย having zero patience with this kid๐Ÿ˜‚ย Reminds me of the Carney Chukwuemeka thread right now.
ย 

On 09/06/2021 at 02:36, Jas10 said:

Sorry but he didnโ€™t impress me,

Hope heโ€™s not getting major game time next season as it would mean our squad is still weakโ€ฆ needs a loan move & further development imo.

ย ย 

On 16/05/2021 at 16:07, One For The Road said:

so far, I'd file him under Davis, Moore brothers, Delfouneso and the like. Not a top flight player but may well make a living in League 1.ย 

Nice to have local players, but they need to be good enough. He looks way off.

ย 

ย 

ย 

On 16/05/2021 at 14:35, Laughable Chimp said:

Still, really not good enough to be in our first team and quite frankly, I don't think he'll be ready for a long while, if ever

ย 

ย ย 

On 16/05/2021 at 13:56, DCJonah said:

I just don't get it. I don't see what he brings to the team.ย 

ย 

On 09/05/2021 at 18:37, Demitri_C said:

I think ramsey would benefit from a loan movw to the championship next year tbh

ย ย 

On 15/03/2021 at 16:48, hippo said:

I've seen players produce a lot more in their first few appearances and go on to fade into nothingness.

He doesn't look anywhere Craig or Gary Gardener, Nathan baker, Kieran Clarke levels to me.

Don't watch the u23's - but can't really share the excitement from what I have seen so far.

ย ย 

On 13/03/2021 at 17:13, AVTuco said:

Jacob's done ok. However, we have too many ok level players.

ย ย 

On 04/03/2021 at 07:08, Demitri_C said:

Sorry but i get he is a kid but he wasnt at all. Struggled badly yesterday.

ย ย 

On 03/03/2021 at 20:08, DCJonah said:

I don't get the fuss. He looks OK.ย 

ย ย 

On 04/03/2021 at 07:18, sne said:

Didn't really notice him much but valuable minutes for him.

ย ย 

ย ย 

ย 

ย 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Just looking back less then a year ago in this thread seeing the likes of @Jas10ย @One For The Roadย @Laughable Chimpย @DCJonahย @Demitri_Cย  @hippoย @AVTucoย @sneย having zero patience with this kid๐Ÿ˜‚ย Reminds me of the Carney Chukwuemeka thread right now.
ย 

ย ย 

ย 

ย ย 

ย 

ย ย 

ย ย 

ย ย 

ย ย 

ย ย 

ย ย 

ย ย 

ย 

ย 

Wow good one. A year ago, I said I didn't see what he brings to the team. Yeah, zero patience in that comment.ย 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, messi11 said:

ย 

ย ย 

ย 

ย ย 

ย 

ย ย 

ย ย 

ย ย 

ย ย 

ย ย 

ย ย 

ย ย 

ย 

ย 

Hands up. I didn't see much in those early days. Proved wrong gladly.

I'm liking what I'm seeing with Chuck though. He's making one or two things happen on the pitch at 18 years old.

32 minutes ago, messi11 said:

ย 

ย ย 

ย 

ย ย 

ย 

ย ย 

ย ย 

ย ย 

ย ย 

ย ย 

ย ย 

ย ย 

ย 

ย 

There are loads of players that out of nowhere that things just click for them. Many people not just the ones you've listed(including myself) were doubtful he was ready for regular starts last season or at the start of this. Thankfully he has proved a lot of people wrong, but there is nothing wrong with posters saying it as they see it at the time. It's only recently since the arrival of Gerrard that he has really got going. I think he'd agree with that himself to be fair.ย 

• Like 2

I think this proves that we generally do not have the eye that coaches scouts and ex professionals have. I remember a thread on here just after Gerrard joined where someone om here bumped into McAllister and Beale in the Belfry and when asked who they were most impressed by said that Jacob was a ridiculous talent . I was taken back by that myself.ย 

Then all of a sudden 3 months later he scores 4 and assists 1 in 10 games .ย 

Lets hope that there are plenty more of our lads that come through like he does.

• Like 2

ย 

Man I'm so proud and chuffed , both for the lad, and the fact that he is " one of our own ".

The last time I think I felt like this, was when I watched Gabby bursting into the scene. It's why I stayed so loyal and defensive of him right to the end, even when some had turned.

Doesn't come across as the type of character who will make the mistakes of some of our past home " stars " and I hope it doesn't change. He can go all the way!

FB_IMG_1644521617034.jpg

• Like 1

Iโ€™ve always believed in him. I said once he gets his first goal and he gets stronger heโ€™ll become our most important player.

The swagger on him on his debut was what convinced me. Yeah he had a few performances that were up and down but he kept finding space and time to score. Now he is bullying the opposition and scoring.

Youngsters need patience and their mistakes need to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Whereโ€™s my prize?

And why didnโ€™t @messi11ย mention me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

ย 

ย ย 

ย 

ย ย 

ย 

ย ย 

ย ย 

ย ย 

ย ย 

ย ย 

ย ย 

ย ย 

ย 

ย 

Very rich of you to post some point scoring post like this when you were writing players off that we hadn't even signed during the window.ย 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

Kudos for the backtracking ๐Ÿ˜ย 

After Ramsey's first PL start against Wolves you could tell he had something as he didn't look out of place at all.

Really stepped up this season and looks so good. Quick on the ball, strong on the ball, great vision, awareness and can score with both feet.

He's only going to get better!

Take away his goals and his all round performances still make him one of our best players, the comparison to ๐Ÿ””ingham is often made which might seem a lazy one but I think it's a fair one,as they're similar types of midfielder both very good box to box midfielders who have a lot more to their game than just goals and assists.

ร—
ร—
ร‚