Kortney Hause

Sam3773

I hope we are trying to train him him to get headers on target 

Best headerer of a ball since Laursen, absolute magnet on his head, at the back doing his day job he's brilliant at it, attacking though I think we can get him better and turn him in to a real threat at set pieces 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I hope we are trying to train him him to get headers on target 

Best headerer of a ball since Laursen, absolute magnet on his head, at the back doing his day job he's brilliant at it, attacking though I think we can get him better and turn him in to a real threat at set pieces 

Yeah it’s weird, how can you be so effective in your own box yet so ineffective in the other? 😆

Mings and even Konsa should be getting goals from corners and indirect fee kicks too, we need to be more threatening to the opposition. Is it more a case of poor delivery?

6 hours ago, Powehi said:

Agreed - but as it is, he is a perfect left-footed backup to Mings. 

Never complains about not playing regularly, great header of the ball, gives 8/10 performances when he does play (at least since start of 2021).

Yep, a backup CB who never moans, groans or becomes disruptive and can fill in and do the job adequately, at least, is of great benefit.

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Yeah it’s weird, how can you be so effective in your own box yet so ineffective in the other? 😆

Mings and even Konsa should be getting goals from corners and indirect fee kicks too, we need to be more threatening to the opposition. Is it more a case of poor delivery?

I think it's just because defending anywhere will do half the time, the battle is winning the ball not necessarily having to then aim it somewhere 

We're great at defensive headers, pretty shit at scoring them 

7 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Konsa gets on the end of plenty, odd goal and far more wayward finishes but he's been far more of a threat at set pieces in last year compared to Mings which I can't really work out.

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Konsa gets on the end of plenty, odd goal and far more wayward finishes but he's been far more of a threat at set pieces in last year compared to Mings which I can't really work out.

We need some Laursen-esque goals!!

• Like 2

On 26/05/2021 at 11:53, gwi1890 said:

Difficult one isn’t it he’s getting more mins here than he did at wolves,  either way for who ever comes in they’d be in the same position as Hause , CB starting position at Villa is a closed shop

I think he is definitely more wanted at Villa than he was at Wolves, Wolves were playing 3 at the back with a couple of defensive midfielders playing in the centre. Smith never hesitates to use Hause if the first 2 are injured instead of putting a midfielder or full back at centre back

• Like 1

to be honest i have always been impressed with him when he has come in to the team.

Im not sure he will dislodge Konsa or Mings, but tbh i think he's a very capable backup, we should 100% extend his contract via the option, and/or offer him a new contract.

tbh, i was super impressed with him when he came in towards the end of last season, he was a rock, and as mentioned above, his head is like a magnet for crosses and long balls.

Amazingly, last season, our record when he was in the starting 11 was W 4, D 2, L 1.

Edited by MaVilla

17 minutes ago, Wes said:

Talk of Besiktas being interested in him. I would prefer to keep him. As others have said above, he has been good when called upon.

He can aim much higher than the Turkish league, he's more than good enough to start for a bottom half Premier league side, especially in one that sets up to defend. Wins everything in the air, the likes of Bruce would love him. 

• 4 weeks later...

In the last year of his deal however I feel we're probably in a good position with him, if we can get £8m-£10m from West Ham and invest that into another CB (which looks like may be happening anyway) it is great business since we got him so cheap from Wolves.

That said, he is also a good player and I'd be happy to see him sign an extension, absolute unit in the air.

• Like 1

Â