Kortney Hause

Sam3773

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The other dude's bars would have been fire 

Either I’m getting old or you’re having a predictive text nightmare.

Sadly I suspect it’s the former. 

On 19/05/2021 at 21:52, OutByEaster? said:

He's been excellent every time he's been called on this season, he's turning into a very good defender.

I'm a bit surprised by all the positive comments. I thought it was a typical Hause performance that just confirms that he is a liability. Imo he was fully at fault for their goal and it was just so typical Hause. First he makes a dodgy pass upfield, you could see when the ball was in the air that there was a risk that they would win it and counter, what does Hause do? He stands still out of position to the right looking on, they win the ball and there is a one on one between Nakamba and their player, 50/50 who will win it, if they do there will be a clear chance for them. What does Hause do? He walks slowly back towards his position. Nakamba looses the ball, a mistake by him yes, but fully probable that he would loose the ball, then when it is too late Hause reacts and starts to run towards their player. Too late and they score. A defender who does the basics, who has natural defensive instincts would directly get back into position to cover in the event that we would loose the ball. Hause doesn't do that.

Now this is what I have been constantly critical about. He does not read the game well enough, he does not spot danger, he does not to the basics right and his passing is a risk. Anyone can make mistakes, like Mings does now and then. But with Hause it is more or less a guarantee that he will cost us a goal. This time we were lucky that we scored two and they had a day off, but in another game that could have cost us three points.

In the forward areas you can have these type of irrational players, like Traoré, someone who can do the unexcpected. In defence the most important thing is being reliable and do the basics. Hause doesn't and we need t replace him with a proper defender as a back up to Mings imo.

• Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I'm a bit surprised by all the positive comments. I thought it was a typical Hause performance that just confirms that he is a liability. Imo he was fully at fault for their goal and it was just so typical Hause. First he makes a dodgy pass upfield, you could see when the ball was in the air that there was a risk that they would win it and counter, what does Hause do? He stands still out of position to the right looking on, they win the ball and there is a one on one between Nakamba and their player, 50/50 who will win it, if they do there will be a clear chance for them. What does Hause do? He walks slowly back towards his position. Nakamba looses the ball, a mistake by him yes, but fully probable that he would loose the ball, then when it is too late Hause reacts and starts to run towards their player. Too late and they score. A defender who does the basics, who has natural defensive instincts would directly get back into position to cover in the event that we would loose the ball. Hause doesn't do that.

Now this is what I have been constantly critical about. He does not read the game well enough, he does not spot danger, he does not to the basics right and his passing is a risk. Anyone can make mistakes, like Mings does now and then. But with Hause it is more or less a guarantee that he will cost us a goal. This time we were lucky that we scored two and they had a day off, but in another game that could have cost us three points.

In the forward areas you can have these type of irrational players, like Traoré, someone who can do the unexcpected. In defence the most important thing is being reliable and do the basics. Hause doesn't and we need t replace him with a proper defender as a back up to Mings imo.

He's been fine this season, which games over xmas did he look terrible in? We kept 3 clean sheets and only conceded once at Chelsea in the 5 games he started in that period I think aside from the first 4 games our best defensive run of the season was with him in the team.

First goal was more on Nakamba and I thought he was solid rest of the game against two of the best attackers in the league so seems very harsh. Fair enough if you're basing it on 19/20 when he didn't look good enough for this level bar Burnley away but he's shown his ability v better teams this season so pretty harsh summary imo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He's been fine this season, which games over xmas did he look terrible in? We kept 3 clean sheets and only conceded once at Chelsea in the 5 games he started in that period I think aside from the first 4 games our best defensive run of the season was with him in the team.

First goal was more on Nakamba and I thought he was solid rest of the game against two of the best attackers in the league so seems very harsh. Fair enough if you're basing it on 19/20 when he didn't look good enough for this level bar Burnley away but he's shown his ability v better teams this season so pretty harsh summary imo.

I agree he had his best couple of games there in december, a couple of games where he didn't make any mistakes leading to goals. Back in the team now and we let in 4 goals in two games. Even if he goes a couple of games without causing goals, I think he brings nervousness to the defence, others need to be on alert to cover for him all the time, it's like when we played Bacuna at right back, an accident waiting to happen.

I hoped he would improve, and he is much better this season, but he still makes these basic errors. I agree with @OutByEaster? above that it probably was more probable that McGinn would win the ball and Nakamba not loosing it than I first wrote, but still - the natural instinct must be to directly get back into position, and especially not walk slowly back when things start to go bad. I really hope he can learn that and to be swithed on all game and cut out the lapses in concentration, but at soon 26 I don't think he will. 

51 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

I thought the Palace goals were Elmo's fault, not Hause.

Perhaps the first he could've done better but Benteke just leapt very early and he's shown throughout his career he scores many goals that way.

We've conceded plenty of 2s and sometimes 3s in recent months with Konsa-Mings and both have been excellent since xmas largely.

I very much doubt we'll be having a world class CB as back up to those two next season so have no issue whatsoever with Hause being one of the two back ups, he's more than earnt it on this seasons displays.

If I were to ever write a story following a football team with a ragtag bunch of wacky personalities, the centreback who seems to be more interested in music than football but is unaware that he is actually terrible at it would be one of those characters I would include. Would be good comic relief.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think putting their goal on him is very harsh - Nakamba was a very clear favourite to the ball, i think it was more an 90-10 in his favour, then I make McGinn a 60-40 favourite to win the second ball - you'd expect Nakamba to deal with it pretty easily and if not, you'd expect McGinn to have a good go at stopping the attack. Both of those players will look at themselves for the goal, although both recovered to play well. 

I thought Hause was solid - I used to worry a little when we played him, but I really don't anymore, he's become a dependable centre back.

I think he was instrumental in Mings having a good game, too.

I think he has been excellent for us when he has played.Yes against Palace we were poor defensively but think he wasn’t main culprit.His main strength is in the air and in certain games this could be a real asset.

To have a central defender  who cost 3 million and can come in when required and do a good job is a really good thing.Ferguson was a master of having a few bit part players in certain positions.It then means you can spend big amounts on other positions.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Match sharpness counts for a lot especially in the Premier League. Hause is a dependable defender.  £3m and he's solid against Kane and Son. Sheesh!

He's improved immensely since we first singed him, as Bambi on ice.

I have no qualms about him as our backup any more.

• Like 4

I actually like him and value his aerial attributes.

I feel safer when he's playing, but recognise we can't always play 3 at the back.

Edited by TRO

He has evolved into a decent squad player at a bargain price.In hindsight he has been a better signing than had we gone for Tuanzebe given his injury record with United, and would have cost at least triple the price. When you think we spent about 8 mil on Kalinic in the same transfer window as Hause it shows us it has been a good signing.

4 hours ago, Only2McInallys said:

To have a central defender  who cost 3 million and can come in when required and do a good job is a really good thing

This is exactly right. Someone solid and cheap for occasional games is great to have around. 

• Like 1

Â