Kortney Hause

Sam3773

9 hours ago, brummybloke said:

We look a goal threat from corners with hause in the team. Something we haven't looked vaguely like doing for a long time.

Konsa should be on at least 5 goals now, he missed so many from corners 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Konsa should be on at least 5 goals now, he missed so many from corners 

Yes, but konsa doesn't seem to instill panic in the opposition at corners. Hause gets the attention of 2 or more players which creates opportunity for others. Having a decent corner taken would also help admittedly. 

We need 2 better headers of the ball in our team than we have at the moment.

For the 3 mill we paid, hause has been a bargain. Normly pish at passing but seems to have improved on that so even if he slowly improves again, for back up he is a great option.

On 22/05/2021 at 20:38, TRO said:

I actually like him and value his aerial attributes.

I feel safer when he's playing, but recognise we can't always play 3 at the back.

Not having a dig, I promise, but you seem to have a fixation for height? I know it’s a good asset, but jumping/reach is better than actual height. 

34 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Not having a dig, I promise, but you seem to have a fixation for height? I know it’s a good asset, but jumping/reach is better than actual height. 

Agree on this point jumping ability, positioning and timing contribute to being good in the air. Hause is not as tall as mings but I would say better in the air. It made me laugh yesterday when the commentator mentioned el ghazi being a big lad which he might be but very rarely wins a header against smaller players 

10 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

Fixation, would be the wrong word, but I recognise that taller players have more chance in the battle in the air.....I accept timing and positional anticipation is key too....but sometimes, I only want to make a quick comment, so I may, make it short.

The ability to jump is important, but if a taller player jumps equally as well, its possible he will win in the air.

There are certain positions where its difficult to ignore height like Goal Keepers and centre Backs......but there are so many attributes to have, compromises, sometimes have to be made,......but the aerial ball is used far more, than some of us care to admit.

The back post is a particular good prospecting ground for goals and Chilwell showed us Sunday, just how good it is......Burnley too like to overload it with their Neanderthals, and it does bring goals....and headers are popular there.

but no, not fixated, but I do recognise its value.

Edited by TRO

On 24/05/2021 at 18:56, TRO said:

Fixation, would be the wrong word, but I recognise that taller players have more chance in the battle in the air.....I accept timing and positional anticipation is key too....but sometimes, I only want to make a quick comment, so I may, make it short.

The ability to jump is important, but if a taller player jumps equally as well, its possible he will win in the air.

There are certain positions where its difficult to ignore height like Goal Keepers and centre Backs......but there are so many attributes to have, compromises, sometimes have to be made,......but the aerial ball is used far more, than some of us care to admit.

The back post is a particular good prospecting ground for goals and Chilwell showed us Sunday, just how good it is......Burnley too like to overload it with their Neanderthals, and it does bring goals....and headers are popular there.

but no, not fixated, but I do recognise its value.

Fair enough mate ✌️

On 24/05/2021 at 08:32, punkiller1981 said:

Agree on this point jumping ability, positioning and timing contribute to being good in the air. Hause is not as tall as mings but I would say better in the air. It made me laugh yesterday when the commentator mentioned el ghazi being a big lad which he might be but very rarely wins a header against smaller players 

Mings has the best aerial duel winning percentage of any defender in the league. 

On 23/05/2021 at 09:54, brummybloke said:

Yes, but konsa doesn't seem to instill panic in the opposition at corners. Hause gets the attention of 2 or more players which creates opportunity for others. Having a decent corner taken would also help admittedly. 

We need 2 better headers of the ball in our team than we have at the moment.

For the 3 mill we paid, hause has been a bargain. Normly pish at passing but seems to have improved on that so even if he slowly improves again, for back up he is a great option.

Konsa actually gets on end of plenty of set pieces, scored a couple this season and should've scored last minute v Wolves and think v Sheffield United when it was blocked on the line.

Mings is the one I can't understand why he looks so unthreatening from set pieces in premier league.

• Like 1

I do wonder whether Hause will look to move on this summer. He left Wolves to play first team football. That looks unlikely for us. Hope I am wrong because he provides excellent cover and could head away a small planet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Konsa actually gets on end of plenty of set pieces, scored a couple this season and should've scored last minute v Wolves and think v Sheffield United when it was blocked on the line.

Mings is the one I can't understand why he looks so unthreatening from set pieces in premier league.

Yep, mings for some reason whether he is always marked by the oppositions best header or just doesn't compete well enough, is not the threat he should be. Although I actually think mings is a poor headerer of the ball anyway. Never really looks convincing although stats probably tell a different story.

But hause scares opponents in the box as he seems to win a decent amount.

10 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Yep, mings for some reason whether he is always marked by the oppositions best header or just doesn't compete well enough, is not the threat he should be. Although I actually think mings is a poor headerer of the ball anyway. Never really looks convincing although stats probably tell a different story.

But hause scares opponents in the box as he seems to win a decent amount.

I actually get scared when Ming's headers our ball in the box because he's been known to many a time header it down into the box where an opponent can get to it easy. It's happened on several occasions where instead of clearing the ball outside of the box Ming's softly clears the ball which has even resulted in settin up the other team for a goal.

Ming's is not the only culprit for soft clearances is our box, we have a few like Luiz, Mcginn, Nakamba who instead of just sending it to the other side of the pitch will just pillow hit the ball.

2 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Where did you get this stat? Whoscored and FBref both say differently.

I saw it like a couple weeks ago. Or maybe longer so it could have changed.

Among defenders he is now apparently 2nd or 3rd depending on the minute restrictions. 

Edited by MotoMkali

14 hours ago, M_Afro said:

I do wonder whether Hause will look to move on this summer. He left Wolves to play first team football. That looks unlikely for us. Hope I am wrong because he provides excellent cover and could head away a small planet.

Difficult one isn’t it he’s getting more mins here than he did at wolves,  either way for who ever comes in they’d be in the same position as Hause , CB starting position at Villa is a closed shop

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Â