Kortney Hause

Sam3773

I don't quite understand how he has evolved into a regular starter for Villa. He is ok as a back up. Personally I would like us to go back to 4 at the back with mingels restored. I think our defence was (marginally) better at the start of the season which this was the favoured formation- have all our (very few) clean sheets been at 4 at he back?

• Like 4

9 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I don't quite understand how he has evolved into a regular starter for Villa. He is ok as a back up. Personally I would like us to go back to 4 at the back with mingels restored. I think our defence was (marginally) better at the start of the season which this was the favoured formation- have all our (very few) clean sheets been at 4 at he back?

Because we play 3 at the back and have only one backup. Engels, Hause and Konsa are pretty much all interchangeable. At the very least you have to agree that not one of them is clearly superior over the other so its not hard to see how any one of them becomes a regular starter.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Rolta said:

He was nowhere near Long for Southampton's opener. It was basic defending. He was great against Leicester in the cup though, so hopefully, if he plays this weekend, he's somehow amazing.

I can't blame Hause for that goal when you see the unbelievable lack of effort from Konza in stopping the cross. 

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I can't blame Hause for that goal when you see the unbelievable lack of effort from Konza in stopping the cross. 

I think both can be blamed. Hause looks at Long, realises he is there and doesn't do anything to stop Long in any way. It's not like Long made a ridiculously good run or it was great movement. He just ran straight to the near post. I feel Hause fell asleep on that one. Maybe he thought Konsa should have had it covered, but get yourself between the striker and the ball and then if it gets blocked by Konsa it's happy days in any case. 

• Like 1

Having the big defenders is the way, however we need to relise that if we play high up the pitch, these big hulk mother **** of ours are slow as hell. That's where someone like Nakamba should come in, he should be at the back with the high defence waiting to pounce on any fast player making a run beyond our defender. If Nakamba had of stayed behind against spurs, we could of probably won or at most drew against them, Nakamba needs to stop pushing forward so much and relise he should be cutting out these balls with the defence, or Luiz should if he's playing CDM instead of Nakamba.

Dont know about you fifa players out there but on Fifa20 I always have my cdm free roaming in the central area and staying slightly in front of the defence while he moves to intercept runners, gives the defenders chance to intercept the player with the ball no matter where thdy are, it works for me it does. I also play Narrow instead of wide formations and I have both my LF and RF coming back into midfield instead of staying on the wings. We are so overloaded in the center and they know that because we're without two extra body's and we should have them in midfield. If anything I'd like Smith to change and hope when he does if he drops those wingers is that we win and play better. Apart from spurs game, we've really struggled to cross decent crosses in from the Wings, in fact because we have rubbish wingers, so many problems are caused to us just by keeping them, Smith needs to see the light on Winger play until we get quality I'm afraid.

He was excellent in our 10 game winning run alongside Mings last year when in a back 4 when covering for Tuanzebe’s injury. Mings and Hause as 2 CB’s won’t get beaten in the air, for strength or pace very often even at the higher level. 

An extra body in midfield for an easy out ball will help solve the passing issue and offer better protection for the defence that is too easy to get at. Hause gives us more defensively than Konsa or last ditch Engels and will only get better in the long term.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, we need a midfield, targett can then go forward and still tackle more than any other bar nakamba, putting hause at left back.

Elmo on right back with Gilbert infront, all of a sudden we have players who can tackle and move forwards while being able to track back.

We have a right back who can cross from deep.

All this needs doing because we cant continue with rubbish lazy midfielders such as luiz, we need team players who will fight for each other.

Would have nakamba with drinkwater in the middle jack samatta in the centre.

While not ideal, we have no actual midfielders bar nakamba who dare actually tackle or win a header let alone pass the bloody ball.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

His debut single is out on the 24th...

All proceeds going the NHS, recording under the name korts, song is called worth it

Yeah I didn't know he was a RnB singer till just.

He's in a tune here:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Terrible song. 

Really can't stand this style of music.. But music is subjective i suppose

Yeah, it does nothing for me at all.  There is so much of this completely generic sounding and looking stuff about.  R & B is like Disco in the 70s needing Punk to turn everything on it's head. 

10 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Terrible song. 

Really can't stand this style of music.. But music is subjective i suppose

I agree, I miss the 90s with Sash, Alice deejay, Tina cousins, Aurora, Sylver, Scooter, Milk Inc, Ian Van Dahl. I do really miss the trance and rave scenes and now weve got this type of music that my son listens to so I crank up some of those tunes above his.

I know there are many deejay still doing there bit today and many concerts but this type of music above somehow seems to make it above the music from before and its annoying.

Bring back the 90s I say..

On 28/02/2020 at 09:33, Rolta said:

He was nowhere near Long for Southampton's opener. It was basic defending. He was great against Leicester in the cup though, so hopefully, if he plays this weekend, he's somehow amazing.

We have a list of defenders over the years.....nowhere near Long.

I think he only scores against us, such is his goal scoring record.

• Like 1

On 29/02/2020 at 07:37, Dave-R said:

Having the big defenders is the way, however we need to relise that if we play high up the pitch, these big hulk mother **** of ours are slow as hell. That's where someone like Nakamba should come in, he should be at the back with the high defence waiting to pounce on any fast player making a run beyond our defender. If Nakamba had of stayed behind against spurs, we could of probably won or at most drew against them, Nakamba needs to stop pushing forward so much and relise he should be cutting out these balls with the defence, or Luiz should if he's playing CDM instead of Nakamba.

Dont know about you fifa players out there but on Fifa20 I always have my cdm free roaming in the central area and staying slightly in front of the defence while he moves to intercept runners, gives the defenders chance to intercept the player with the ball no matter where thdy are, it works for me it does. I also play Narrow instead of wide formations and I have both my LF and RF coming back into midfield instead of staying on the wings. We are so overloaded in the center and they know that because we're without two extra body's and we should have them in midfield. If anything I'd like Smith to change and hope when he does if he drops those wingers is that we win and play better. Apart from spurs game, we've really struggled to cross decent crosses in from the Wings, in fact because we have rubbish wingers, so many problems are caused to us just by keeping them, Smith needs to see the light on Winger play until we get quality I'm afraid.

He might see all what we see, but you would never know, he never says.

Â