Kortney Hause

Sam3773

1 hour ago, momo said:

I really don't understand the criticism. He's talented, he's doing his job, and I see a big future for him.

I'm pretty sure the large majority of us on here like Hause, but his clangers and current limitations aren't the type you can easily ignore.

Especially when we are in the dogfight we are.

It's not criticism just for the sake of it.

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm pretty sure the large majority of us on here like Hause, but his clangers and current limitations aren't the type you can easily ignore.

Problem is engels who would replace him drops just as many clangers and does not have the same heading ability

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What clangers? Will this be a jinx for today's game?? 🤨

25 minutes ago, HAL said:

Problem is engels who would replace him drops just as many clangers and does not have the same heading ability

This can surely only be based on the last match?

In his initial run in the team it was all praises.

Engels is certainly a better all round footballer to Hause IMO.

Hause excels where everyone else has already pointed out, heading, strength etc.

I've said I would actually put Engels in the Middle of 3 and have him stay deep as to not get done for pace, Tyrone on the left and Konsa on the right.

Have those two command the outside areas of the box and be able to run across if anyone gets through.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Hause excels where everyone else has already pointed out, heading, strength etc.

I've said I would actually put Engels in the Middle of 3 and have him stay deep as to not get done for pace, Tyrone on the left and Konsa on the right.

Have those two command the outside areas of the box and be able to run across if anyone gets through.

yes engels first games for us he looked like a very good buy then seemed to go down hill .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm with you on this

• Like 1

Southampton can be pretty direct. I think Hause is important for us today in dealing with that threat. It also seems that we have stopped conceding so many goals from corners since Hause has been in the team. He can be a really good player for us when he is on form.

He's an absolute monster defensively. Cut out the errors (which tbf he hasn't made loads this season) and improve on his passing (btw he does have potential in this area as he does play some good balls) and he'll be quality.

He has his strengths (strong and very good in the air) and limitations (not the paciest and can be caught in possession), he would be much more suited to a Pulis side than to how we are playing. He makes mistakes, but I like him better than Konsa. 

• Like 1

This guy is just irritating me now, feels like he has all the time in the world and doesn’t.  There is a player in there but not sure it will come out because he is far too casual.  For now he’s too much of a liability.

I've yet to see it with him at this level. Unfortunately he probably knows now isn't good enough for this level too. Wolves were right to cash in on him. We were probably right to buy him too - as a squad player, however he is starting for us week in and week out and that is the major problem.

• Like 1

I suspect neither Hause nor Konza are PL standard.

I do like Engels. I think he was on the bench/excluded/injured/whatever for too long. It seems to have effected him.

He was brilliant against Liverpool. My Liverpool supporting son-in-law thought he was fantastic in that game, our best player.

• Like 1

Â