Kortney Hause

Sam3773

I didn't mind him up to last few weeks but it's staggering how long he actually takes to clear the ball sometimes. He was in his own box today taking ages to clear and very nearly lost it.

I agree he's simply a squad player who's played more than he should've this season due to various factors. Exposed by better opposition.

Just had a look at the winner again. Was Hause in a position to make a desperate lunge? I only saw one angle so I could be wrong and it might not have made a difference but I think he could have. Not blaming him or anything just a question.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Just had a look at the winner again. Was Hause in a position to make a desperate lunge? I only saw one angle so I could be wrong and it might not have made a difference but I think he could have. Not blaming him or anything just a question.

Was a couple of yards off Son so not close enough to make any challenge apart from conceding a penalty.

3 hours ago, Elton said:

Yep, me too. But it seems winning every header and most tackles isn’t a significant attribute for a Centre Back for a lot of our fans on this forum. Although he was well received in the ground today as he did a lot of good defensive work.

He’ll get better on the ball too. Still very young and inexperienced for a CB. 

He gives one out of every three passes to the opposition. That's more important than winning headers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

He could have. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

He gives one out of every three passes to the opposition. That's more important than winning headers.

He does a lot more than win headers (which is incredibly important for a CB in a struggling team). He’s a real unit and difficult to beat on the floor or in the air. I fully accept he needs to tidy up his game in possession. I think a lot of that is down to maybe instruction and over confidence at times.

He also doesn’t always have an easy out ball as our left side is often congested as the opposition look to block the supply to Jack. He can quite easily get his passing stats up by passing sideways and backwards if that’s what Smith wants from him and he is young and will learn.

I like him and think he has a high ceiling because he is physically very well suited to the PL.

Apart from one early misplaced pass, I didn't think his passing was that bad today either. A lot of the time he had no options so had to play a clipped ball down the line, a lot of those were probably incomplete but didn't put us in danger or anything. He also played a couple of nice balls on the floor into Grealish.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Apart from one early misplaced pass, I didn't think his passing was that bad today either. A lot of the time he had no options so had to play a clipped ball down the line, a lot of those were probably incomplete but didn't put us in danger or anything. He also played a couple of nice balls on the floor into Grealish.

My issue with his ball playing is that he dwells on the ball too long, just keep it moving! 

• Like 2

His passing is awful, but like some others on here have already said.. at least he can defend.  Wins every header, and he’s no slouch either.

just tell him to give the damn thing to someone else, or just smack it into the left corner for jack to chase.  No more attempts at mid range passes. 

Â