Kortney Hause

Sam3773

He lost the ball 21 times when passing forward. 7 of those were long balls. (Stat taken from ‘Villa Analytics’ on Twitter).

He has this bad habit of delaying, delaying, delaying a pass until an opposition player gets tight up close to him.

• Like 2

It makes you wonder why, as a team, we are so willing to keep giving him the ball to pass out rather than somebody else doing it. And it isn't a case of the others are being marked so he is the only option, there were plenty of instances where it just gets played from Konsa to Mings to Hause to nobody.

• Like 1

He was of great use to Bournemouth today.

They marked everyone except him every time we tried to play out from the back. Then when he got it they let him carry the ball and cut off all the easy balls. Wilson was cutting off the pass back to the keeper really well.

• Like 2

Very poor today. Awful passing and not much better defensively. Not sure I've ever seen such a one-footed player. Bring Engels back, and move Mings out to that left CB position. Can't believe Chester was allowed go.

If we stay up, he's one of the first players we need to replace.

• Like 1

I still think he'd be better off kicking it rugby style into touch as far forward as he can as any attempted pass is usually pathetic. Other teams have sussed this now clearly. It's quite shocking that we have several football players who seem bereft of any basic passing ability.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

It’s amazing how much better a player (Engels) gets when not playing.... oh no, wait, he played, and we all saw how much better he is than Hause :rolleyes:

Not really given he played all but 5 minutes against 10 men. This is not  a dig at Engels by the way.

2 minutes ago, Elton said:

Not really given he played all but 5 minutes against 10 men. This is not  a dig at Engels by the way.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he completed more passes than Hause in that time tbf 

Recently we've found a bit of form, we shouldn't start chopping and changing the team because of one bad result, that got us nowhere earlier in the season. Yesterday was only the second time since Hause came in that we conceded more than one goal, and the other time was against Man City.

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if he completed more passes than Hause in that time tbf 

Maybe but it’s not all about passing, I prefer our defenders to be good at the defending bit. For Hause’s weakness at playing the ball out, he is far stronger in the tackle then Engels, way better in the air and appears faster too.

Also, Hause doesn’t often have loads of passing options when he’s on the ball. I think this is an affect of Grealish playing left so the opposition is generally trying to cut off Jack’s supply and opponents are overloading our left side. When we switch it quick to the right it’s quite noticeable that Fred etc is often in a lot of space. I think Hause’s passing suffers due to our left side being congested.

Â