Kortney Hause

Sam3773

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Agree. Way to draw attention from the refs

It’s literally the opposite of what common sense says he should say. Everyone knows Man City foul you as soon as they lose the ball, but Guardiola is outraged every time it’s suggested! Hopefully we are just overthinking it but also I hope the club press officer has a quiet word or does a bit of media training for these lads who are now getting more attention!

4 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

The guy wins so many headers but now he needs to learn to pass to a team mate instead of a headed clearance. Would help with our possession massively

He does what he's good at and best for clearances per game in the PL. I get the retention argument but my whole 37 years of playing football I believe in if in doubt kick it clear. We've not won or drawn games from people being cute. Mings vs Arsenal just one that springs to mind

8 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

I’d rather we weren’t admitting to this sort of thing publicly!

Has this lad got half a brain cell? How someone thinks "Ah I'll say publicly that we set out to tactically foul players" and doesn't for one second stop and think - "no, that won't look good and probably won't end well" is beyond me. Crazy stuff.

• Like 1

Not great saying that but it's not the end of the world. Pretty sure Frankie Lampard came out saying same thing the other month with Chelsea, saying he instructed his players to be more aggressive and that will cause fouls. I think it was actually the win over us. 

Edited by Lord Willard
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Thanks

That is exactly what I have been banging the drum for.....not sure fouling is the right word,(but I know what he means).... but breaking up play, disrupting the opposition, winning second balls and challenging for aerial balls ....is very much what I have missed in our play.....I think we are introducing it more, and it will help to keep us up.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He’s too loose in possession, then he panics when closed down.

I’m not sure he’s improving much, his first one or two games were shaky and he kicked on from there but not sure there’s been much development since, maybe I’m being harsh.

I think he has improved,marginally, but the concerns on the floor are valid....He has issues no doubt, but he has assets too.

However, in the air he breeds confidence....and I think its really important that teams don't get played in by us losing out ,in the air.....also Mings looks less flustered with Hause's ability to clear  long balls in.

Edited by TRO

10 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

Has this lad got half a brain cell? How someone thinks "Ah I'll say publicly that we set out to tactically foul players" and doesn't for one second stop and think - "no, that won't look good and probably won't end well" is beyond me. Crazy stuff.

I think, he didn't choose his words well.....but we all know what he means.

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think he has improved,marginally, but the concerns on the floor are valid....He has issues no doubt, but he has assets too.

However, in the air he breeds confidence....and I think its really important that teams don't get played in by us losing out ,in the air.....also Mings looks less flustered with Hause's ability to clear  long balls in.

Yes Hause is OK in the air, tackling going backwards etc but playing out from the back he is a bit of a liability. Obviously because Jack plays mostly on the left, we have a tendency to move the ball left but very often forward passes go astray from Hause or we lose possession. I would prefer to see Mings as the left CB but don’t know who would then play in the centre. 

Edited by MikeMcKenna

house is just a stopper. Id rather he didn't try and play out. I'm happy for him to just launch it. konsa can play a little bit but still appears nervous.

re the article...He should really keep this under the radar. the absolute tool

as an advocate of the dark arts I noticed we've got better at fouling.....the brighton game when hourihane came on and did a rugby tackle was magnificent sparked a mass brawl, and wild cheers from me...If the team had had this discussion in the summer we would have taken 3 points from tottenham arsenal etc etc. Luiz is the one who it needs to be drummed into.

It's going to be a great game at wembley if both teams are fouling each other. be like when keegan and bremner had a punch up in some final in the 70s

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Pretty dumb thing to admit to but let’s be honest, Villa fans aside. Nobody is going to listen to or care about what Kourtney Hause has to say to 442 magazine.

Leicester fans, 

Wolves fans.

Ofcourse SHA and Albion fans too! 😁

Edited by abdulaziz1

18 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

He does what he's good at and best for clearances per game in the PL. I get the retention argument but my whole 37 years of playing football I believe in if in doubt kick it clear. We've not won or drawn games from people being cute. Mings vs Arsenal just one that springs to mind

If in doubt kick it out was always how i was taught... I think the issue with him is that he doesn't kick it out, he gives possession straight back to the other team 7 out of 10 times which is an issue, especially against the likes of Man City of course.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

If in doubt kick it out was always how i was taught... I think the issue with him is that he doesn't kick it out, he gives possession straight back to the other team 7 out of 10 times which is an issue, especially against the likes of Man City of course.

Yeah kick it out allows defensive reset

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Statistically I think it’s more like 3 out of 10, just FYI. 2.7 actually, but I am just taking the first place I saw his stats.

But agreed with the general theme we are all saying - keep possession when you can, get rid when you are in doubt!

Had a look at his accurate long and short balls. 38% same as Mings for accurate long. People complain about his short passes and it's bad. He has highest accurate short pass in the team per game (33.5 vs Mings 31.7) but also the highest inaccurate short pass per game (7.8 vs Mings 3.3)

Is he too old to improve that? I don't think so. My short passing has massively improved playing 5 a side every week last 5 years. Get him playing 5 a side 😎

Edited by Kiwivillan

12 hours ago, TRO said:

I think, he didn't choose his words well.....but we all know what he means.

Don't get me wrong I'm all for it. The best teams do it but like someone said above, Guardiola reacts like he has been accused of murder when someone brings it up so to come out and admit something like that, it was naive to say the least. The comments below especially.

“It’s part of the game. It came from the manager, but also us as players as well. We’re old enough and experienced enough to recognise what we’ve got to do on the pitch.

As soon as they looked like they were going to break through, bring them down, break up the play. It’s part of the game, and that’s what we did well.”

• Like 2

Â