Lovre Kalinić

Tomaszk

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Surprised this hasn't been announced if it was completed 4 odd hours ago according to some reports, maybe it isn't done yet???

I wouldn't worry about it. That ITK has never been wrong except when that full back reneged and pissed off to Fulham. That was very much the exception in terms of player behaviour when the transfer process is so advanced. It doesn't happen that often and I think that was the only time it has happened with one of his reveals.

I don't think there's going to be any changing of mind here. I'd be interested to know what he may have signed now, though, if anything at all.

31 minutes ago, villarocker said:

That compilation video doesn't really say he's a great keeper. It simply looks a case of him being gigantic and basically blocking the shots with the mere size of his body. 

He can stop it with his todger as long as he keeps them out the goal.

• Haha 4

On the OS -

Aston Villa can confirm that Croatian international goalkeeper Lovre Kalinic has agreed to join the club. 

The 28-year-old will officially join Villa from Gent on 1st January when the transfer window opens, signing until 2023. 

Link

• Like 1

12 hours ago, villarocker said:

That compilation video doesn't really say he's a great keeper. It simply looks a case of him being gigantic and basically blocking the shots with the mere size of his body. 

As usual, a YouTube compilation means nothing. 

I could look like a world class keeper if you put my best saves into a 3 minute video.

Like I said earlier in the thread, that video shows nothing of what will make him a good keeper for us.

15 hours ago, Fowlersrs said:

I don't think I've ever seen him play, but I find it rather off that people's main issue with Nyland is his bravery, strength and ability to control and organize his box. Yet this video is all about reaction saves that we know Nyland is very good at. Not once during that video did he show the individual ability that's the main criticism of Nyland.

Just to be clear I am not saying this lad doesn't have them, but it is rather strange to get off to this video based on what people think our current goalie is lacking.  

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

As usual, a YouTube compilation means nothing. 

I could look like a world class keeper if you put my best saves into a 3 minute video.

Like I said earlier in the thread, that video shows nothing of what will make him a good keeper for us.

didn't moira have a good youtube vid?

pure size and stature is an improvement on nyland - thumbs up from me

Edited by tomav84

5 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I don't think I've ever seen him play, but I find it rather off that people's main issue with Nyland is his bravery, strength and ability to control and organize his box. Yet this video is all about reaction saves that we know Nyland is very good at. Not once during that video did he show the individual ability that's the main criticism of Nyland.

Just to be clear I am not saying this lad doesn't have them, but it is rather strange to get off to this video based on what people think our current goalie is lacking.  

it's fine, hes 6ft 7, add another 2 feet for arms, he literally just needs to lie down with his arms stretched out and we wont concede :P

joke btw before ppl start imploding :)

Edited by MaVilla

A compilation video for a goalkeeper is only really going to be focusing on eye-catching saves to be fair, not sure there's much of an audience for a video based around a keeper's general stewardship of his area.

Anyway, happy with this signing. Can't say I've seen much of him but he's a goalkeeper and he's not Nyland so until he proves otherwise this is fantastic news.

• Like 2

Our defence will have to be on their toes as in that highlights video he likes to parry everything. Now that's not necessarily a negative provided the defence clean up every loose ball after a save. His positioning in the video was spot on every single time though which is nice to see. 

Â