Lovre Kalinić

Tomaszk

35 minutes ago, slovenian said:

our (previous?) scouts thought 1.3m was too much for Jan Oblak and let him go to Benfica and then they were scouting Nyland for four years... i would welcome Kalinić with arms wide open at Villa, he would make a big difference

Is that true? Never even remember us being linked 

———————

Has anyone seen much of Kalinic? 

1 minute ago, Villan4Life said:

Pontus Jansson of Leeds turned us down when he was 16.

Bet could make a list of very good player who turned us down or we rejected at 16 :D

tbf, they would both probably turn shite if they signed for us :)

Edited by slovenian

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

also, word of caution on the Kalinic vids......i just re-watched a few vids of Nyland, they make him look like De Gea!! :P

Yep as has been mentioned, all clips will show shot stopping and we need much more than that from a keeper!  I reckon you could make a Youtube video of me stopping shots and I’d look good! 

29 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yep as has been mentioned, all clips will show shot stopping and we need much more than that from a keeper!  I reckon you could make a Youtube video of me stopping shots and I’d look good! 

Only if you got Spielberg to direct it.......😀

• Like 1

I'm a bit concerned about the potential fee, not a fan should be really but should we really be spending so much of our precious FFP allowance on a 'keeper when we also need 2 fullbacks and a centerback? 

Not that I know what our FFP limit is, but we surely can't spend £7 mill on every position.

Very interesting move.

We of course nearly signed him 3 years ago but couldn't get the work permit.

Can understand why we want to get this done in January as leave it to the summer and you probably have the chaos of a no deal Brexit to contend with which will impact on foreign transfers.

Given he's Croatia number 1 now and seems to have done fine at Gent he will be an upgrade on Nyland I'm sure.

Â