Lovre Kalinić

Tomaszk

16 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

IQB4ZPWRUREE3N5MR5KU4YB5W4.jpg

england-v-croatia-uefa-nations-league-a-

Is this supposed to say he is scared to clean people out or use his hands or something?

He's heading the ball because he's outside his box you can see the pitch markings on the first photo

Edited by jjaacckk91
Edit: or have I got the wrong end of the stick and this is backing his lack of fear to meet the ball?

2 minutes ago, jjaacckk91 said:

Is this supposed to say he is scared to clean people out or use his hands or something?

He's heading the ball because he's outside his box you can see the pitch markings on the first photo

I took it as the opposite. He is clearly not scared to take people out even if in this example it’s only Sterling. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Just watched a YouTube clip. Whilst seems a bit slow off his line he makes himself massive which compensated for it. 

I think he’ll need a bit of time to settle. 

I had forgotten goalkeepers were allowed to come off their lines at all...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Herman22 said:

I've heard quite a few say he is poor with his feet, but at the end of the day he's a footballer. If we get him down the training ground and get him used to how we play I'm sure he can adapt. In the Championship I think you need a keeper who is big and not afraid to come and take people out. Nyland's main problem is he's too timid at times. I think at 6ft 7 he won't be afraid to come through the crowd. 

If we get a decent CB, LB and Tammy stays for the rest of the season I'll be happy. 

Agreed. I’d much more confident in being able to teach a goalkeeper to play the ball a bit than how to command the area.

This is a unbelievable signing for a championship club to pay this kind of fee for the number 1 goalkeeper of one of the world’s best national teams (assuming that makes him good, I can’t pretend that I’ve seen him play much).

18 hours ago, MaVilla said:

great if true, but if true why is he coming to Villa and not a Prem team or another top flight team abroad?, not trying to be negative, just realistic.

Because all those teams already have a good enough first choice keeper maybe? 

GK position is a funny one in that you can only have one in the team so you may often find very good keepers playing for clubs not necessarily at an obviously correlative level. 

Spurs have had Lloris for how long now without being particularly successful and yet he's prob one of the best in the world, if you had to come up with a top ten......plus, I'm sure he knows we'll be back in the prem next season anyway :)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I'm a simple man.

As long as he can pick up crosses and balls from set pieces i'm happy.

You should be happy if he's even half-competent. A guy of 6'7" would be reaching close to 10' with barely a stretch. Getting him stretching or jumping...

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Some people on Facebook Villa fan pages moaning:

"Nyland has been getting better, why do we need this unknown from GENT"

"He is 28 and there has been NO interest in him, not even from Celtic"

"We've got Mark Bunn, this is a waste of money for this pleb".

The fact that we are comparing Mark Bunn to Croatia's number one keeper is one of a number of reasons I had to come back to VT for some relative sanity.

Whenever I hear an especially stupid Brummie IRL I mentally sneer, "That's a Blues fan".

I stay away from Faecebook so I can maintain that happy, comforting illusion.

• Like 1

Liked the idea of Heaton but signing Croatia's no1 is a great signing and he should be able to step up with us when we get promoted or hopefully make some money on him if he does well enough to entice a Champions League team etc.

Being 28 compared to Heaton's  32 he has longevity on his side too.

Â