Lovre Kalinić

Tomaszk

8 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Surely it just appears on our balance sheet as a £7m liability regardless of how long it takes to pay it off. In return you get a depreciating asset. 

If FFP is coming into play I can only assume we just somehow satisfy their criteria in however our finances have been restructured. 

Granted, I’m in no way a financial expert. Maybe it is how you suggest for FFP in football league.

So glad that the club has identified the biggest problem, which all the fans have also seen, and dealt with it decisively and early. 

Compare and contrast to previous windows where we can all see what's needed, discuss those problems extensively on here, but the club seem oblivious and go ahead signing eg tons more right backs and central midfielders when we have no cover or obvious weakness in other areas.  And signings being left late in the window all feeling a bit panicked.  

We're on the same songsheet it feels for the first time in a while. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

If we are buying a CB as backup I don't see the point, if we want a backup CB we should just recall Elphick.

We shouldn't be wasting money really, Axels and Elphick contract expire at the end of this season (loan/deal exp ofc), so why would we not look to spend wisely and buy the best CB we can if we intend to spend money on one?

Or, recall Elphick as backup if it's backup we need, and wait till summer to invest in a starting CB, then spend the money in Jan on a LB and anything else we need desperately.

Depends who Dean is looking to buy to an extent. For me, I would be looking to bring in "the best centre back we can" so we have three top quality central defenders to choose from.for the rest of the season. In my opinion, Elphick does not represent adequate back up so I would leave him where he is.

17 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yup, great for maintaining the status quo, keep the big clubs where they 'belong' and not let any other clubs upset the applecart.

But, but, um, Leicester won the league a couple of years ago. Completely disproves your theory. 😉

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yup, great for maintaining the status quo, keep the big clubs where they 'belong' and not let any other clubs upset the applecart.

This is exactly why I think FFP was brought in. No more Man City’s, and it keeps smaller teams in the doldrums with no hope of moving forward. In an industry dominated by money, restricting how much an owner can piss up the wall is great for keeping the little guy down.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

FFP is a great thing imo.

The idea that you can just buy yourself out of problems just because you're lucky to have a rich owner is unfair for other teams.

I assume you mean 'in principle' as opposed to the realities of it all.

20 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

The thing is.

Nyland is making the whole defence nervous which is effecting their game.

If this guy is actually good and bring calmness to the defence i think the likes of Elmo and Chester will improve, time will tell

I think you are correct, I’ve only seen Kalinic once v England but based on that match, he looked brilliant 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

No thats bullshit we have experienced international defenders. Nyland is no Buffon but **** sake defence has take responsibility. He was ok today 

I agree the defence has to take responsibility, but any weak link, no matter what position, has some knock on effect on the rest of the team. Goalkeeper is a big link in the chain, a nervous one like Nyland spreads nervousness, particularly to those nearest him. A good one should have the opposite effect. I thought he did ok today too and I’m not letting the defence off the hook, they were collectively poor, but a big imposing goalie commanding his area, would be like having an extra centre half, especially at set pieces. 

• Like 1

Â